Sweet Child 'O Mine [BEGINNER'S] by Guns N' Roses Lesson

Learn to play Sweet Child 'O Mine [BEGINNER'S] by Guns N' Roses on JustinGuitar!

View the full lesson at Sweet Child 'O Mine [BEGINNER'S] by Guns N' Roses | JustinGuitar

This is great. The A - C - D sequence in the outro is just a ridiculous amount of fun to play once you get the timing sorted out.

Don’t know about labelling it “EASY CHORDS” when one of them is a B major in it though. Nothing easy about that one.

1 Like

The guitar is tuned to Eb tuning (all strings tuned down a semitone). It is mentioned in the Intro lesson, but that is grade 4 and most people would start with this Grade 2 lesson.

1 Like

came here to say/ask just that. ive had a week where everything ive played has sounded awful but even my ears could tell something was properly wrong when trying to strum along with justin.

in the fun bit (now now now now now now now)

its 7 nows. justin only gives us 6 notes to play. is the last now on a chord? or do we play the 6th string open for that? it sounds right to me to play it (6th string) open. couldnt quite see what he is doing though.

i cant find this in any of justins books. is that right? i find some paper based tab really helps make sense of a song.

@_will I think everyone has those days when everything we play simply does not sound right. It happens but on the next day or so everything will go better again. :slightly_smiling_face:

Confessedly, I have not watched the video yet, accordingly I am unable to answer your question about the “nows”. Similarly I don’t know whether the song is included on any of the physical song books.

I can assure you however that tabs a) for the intro and b) for the song are available in JustinGuitar Tabs.

I hope that helps.

@JokuMuu - 100%. i’ve tried simplifying what im playing and working on the transition between parts (i generally sound like im playing three different songs when changing from verse to chorus etc) and of course, tuning the thing!

i gave up on the tabs subscription as i found the format in the books much better. might have to resubscribe just for sweet child of mine. what a tune! : )

1 Like