Swiss roundabout

James
As pure coincidence I was watching tonight a very old episode of Top Gear, a marathon race in London between a man and a car, they showed a few shots of these traffic lights so they must be real!!!

Michael,

The sculpture used to be located at a roundabout near the office I worked in many years ago in Canary Wharf. It got relocated around 2011. It can be quite confusing when you first see it. I’m sure a few folk have mistaken them for real signals.

1 Like

@Jamolay @markr31

The strange one for a uk driver in the USA is All Stop Junctions it is then like a gun fight at the OK coral, who flinches first. :oncoming_automobile:
Having said thar I am all in favour of Turn Right on Red :+1:

LOL I was a police officer for 25 years. If I pulled up to a 4-way stop intersection in a marked police car, even if I was the last car to arrive at the intersection, I knew I’d have to go first, because nobody else would dare to move until I did!

This qualifies as one of the most confusing road junctions for me, it’s near Walsall in the UK, it’s not as bad as it used to be, it now has traffic lights, it used to have 3 islands and a free for all - it had to be changed, it was costing the Insurance companies too much :smiley::roll_eyes:

I can well believe you. It is a bit like in the uk where the speed limit on a motorway is 70mph and you generally have marked police cars travelling at around 65 mph with a long queue behind it as nobody dare overtake. However I would not be in the queue I would pass.:man_police_officer::police_car:

1 Like

If you quickly and repeatedly drive forward and back up while in the roundabout, does it make a scratching sound LOL? (wiikii-wiikii-wiikii) :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Defo…
And you get to see Grand Master Crash & the furious five :rofl:

2 Likes