Symphony of Destruction - Megadeth. Rhythm Guitar Cover

oh. thank you for such a nice words :smile:

I already got the mic, now i need the b… bravery to use it :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Rumil,

This is the good stuff. :slight_smile:
Filthy tone. Fit right in there with Dave’s vocal.

Top playing.
Loved it.

Think it’s gonna have to be a Megadeth fest at work tomorrow.

Digger

1 Like

Thank you for listening :man_bowing:t2:. I’m glad you liked it :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:, thanks for commenting.

I’ve been in a Megadeth fest at work since they started to release the singles for the new album :metal:

Hi Edgar,
Nice tones and work on this. Good production and sound all around. Your play is good and a nice listen. I don’t know the song, but you seemed to do it justice!

Keep up the vibe and all the best,
LB

1 Like

Many thanks, LBro!

I still think I have to work on my palm-muting tone. It gets occasionally too muddy for my liking. Maybe I have the bass too high, or maybe are the pickups that can’t deal with it :sweat_smile:

Hey Edgar,
I marvel at your super progress. (I couldn’t resist the pun on your T-shirt).
Solid rhythm play throughout.
And the word throughout is important here.
Song stamina is a really important aspect of guitar playing that does not get explicitly discussed and I think it is vital.
Establishing a rhythm and a groove is a fundamental, maintaining it over many minutes is a true necessity for playing songs in a ‘band’ context (as you are here). Kudos for this great capture or you rocking out.
Plus vibes for the singing along, and the double camera view too!
:sunglasses:

1 Like

That def got my head bangin lol. Nice groove!

1 Like

Great job, great tone! :smiley:

Haha love that cartoon :smiley:
And it pays off for you dude.

3 Likes

Great stuff! Solid groove and rhythm, and a nice scooped metal tone :wink:

2 Likes

Missed this when you first posted Edgar. Your consolidation is working wonders!
That was dirty, in the best possible way :slight_smile: :+1:

2 Likes

Haha, Thank you Richard :blush:.

I’ve been singing and playing air guitar with this song for so many years :joy:. I knew the moves, I just needed to learn guitar :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:.

Thank all of you for the support. I’m glad you liked it :metal::guitar:. Someday I’ll record it again, but this time with the solo :sweat_smile:

Yeah, Sarah’s cartoon is so funny, I’m a big fan :slight_smile:

Just pumping up those rookie numbers :wink:

2 Likes

Edgar

Playing catch on recordings and so glad to see you back to your roots. Super tone and timing ! Always partial to some Megadeth despite not being able to name any of their songs but I like what I hear and I like this !!

Great job sir.

Toby

1 Like

Thank you, Toby!

Has been great to go back to my roots, indeed. I started to learn this song just before I left guitar 15 years ago. So it’s great to see that i’ve become a better guitarist that I was back then :grin:.

PS: Loved your performance last OM :blush:

1 Like

Thank you kind sir.

1 Like

Just catching up on this… Dude! Love this track, one of my fav’s from Megadeth! :metal::confounded: Your playing is super tight with great control! :clap: :clap: :clap: Also that tone is killer and blended so well with the track! Although, as you say, Dave might not be too happy that you’re sharing it around with Metallica! :joy:
Haven’t ever tried playing a Megadeth tune, figured they’d all be waaaaayyyyy too complex! :sweat_smile: but that has inspired me to take a look for sure! :+1:
Brilliant stuff mate! Can’t wait to see the re-record… with solo??? :wink:

1 Like

Hi there Jeff, thank you so much for spending some time watching my covers :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:.

Give it a try, is not that difficult. Maybe the vibrato on the chorus (I still change how I do it when I revisit this tune). The pre-chorus needs a bit of practice with a metronome, but that’s all. Is anything more difficult than you are already doing with Master of Puppets at 85%

Tornado of Souls (my dream Megadeth tune to play) is a very different story :sweat_smile:. And yes, I plan to re-record my covers but with the solos. However, I’ll have to wait a couple of years before trying for sure. For now, I’m more than happy playing the rhythm guitar :metal::guitar:

1 Like

Hey Edgar!

Definitely! Looks so fun to play! :guitar: :sunglasses:

Such a great tune!! :metal:

Yeah, I am with you on that. Would love to have a go at solos but they seem well beyond me at this stage however I’ll just keep practicing and perhaps in a year or two it might become a reality :crossed_fingers::confounded:

Great work again mate, can’t wait to see what you have in store for us next! :star_struck:
Cheers! :metal:

1 Like

Sure! We just need enough practice. And if you like Megadeth tunes as well, we could do a collab and record a cover one with Mustaine solos and the other with Friedman, Loureilo, etc. :smile::metal:… In a couple of years :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Definitely! That would be super cool! Sounds like a great goal to work towards :metal::sweat_smile:

Hi Rumil.

You did a fantastic job with this song. I haven’t heard it in years. I saw megadeath in concert many years ago. I remover Dave M playing guitar and rocking those power chords. Amazing what sounds you can get with 3 fingers. I’m not at that level yet. Maybe someday. Thanks for sharing.

Jeff

1 Like