Tears in Heaven (Acoustic) - first video

Hey Crystal! So well done on this. You will advance quickly, I expect. Love this song and your fingerpicking version was very enjoyable.

I look forward to your next.

1 Like

Congrats Crystal! That was both amazing and beautifully played. I started in December 21, and I’m still struggling with chord changes and strumming, and here you are fingerpicking beautifully to such an amazing song! Had you ever played earlier in life? I’m 65 and having fun trying to teach my fingers new tricks — making music!

Jim,

I had a guitar back in the 90’s. I took no lessons and barely played anything due to the guitar not being set up (which I knew nothing about). I couldn’t really fret anything. I needed money and sold the guitar. Also, I don’t currently work, so I have plenty of time to goof around on the guitar. I started really focusing on fingerpicking exercises a few months back (not sure exactly when). Thank you for the kind words.

Crystal

You’re rocking Crystal! I look forward to seeing more videos.

1 Like

pkboo3,

I’m in East TX too!!. I’m in Livingston. I looked at your “Stuck in the Middle with You” on YT. One of my favs and you rocked it!! You’ve inspire me to try and learn this one. I’v got to practice my percussion now!!

Crystal

Hey Crystal, I just saw your comment on my YouTube and was thinking that might be you and then came here and saw that it was you.

Awesome, it is a fun song. One I kept on my Set List. Hope to hear your version soon.

I live higher north of you but still in East Texas, close to the Tx/Ark border. About 40 miles from Texarkana.

You are playing incredibly. I’ve been learning from Justin since 2015 and am just now dabbling in fingerpicking. I’m in the Intermediate level, but I seem to advance pretty slowly. I’m pretty methodical, and that probably slows me down a lot.

Born and raised in Shreveport until 31 years old. We’re from the same stomping ground!!:grinning:

1 Like

Great first post Crystal and some great fingerstyle for someone who has not been playing for a year yet. Really impressive well done. Look forward to hearing more from you.

:sunglasses:

1 Like

Beautiful. I really enjoyed it.

Crystal, that was excellent! Considering how long you have played and being your first video, very impressive!

FANTASTIC!!! This was really, really good - you clearly worked hard to learn this piece and it’s awesome you posted it…Tears in Heaven is on my list to learn and I’ll be using your version as a reference.

Someone else might have mentioned this - I haven’t read the comments yet - in future recordings (which based on this I hope you post), please include your guitar so we can see your fretting and picking hands!

Yes sir. I plan to repost with hands shown ASAP. Thank you so much for your response.

Super, would have known it with my eyes closed. Keep on your journey

Wonderful, Crystal. It sounded really good. Not an easy one to do and for how long you have been playing, it is superb.

Also, congratulations on your first AVOYP posting.

1 Like

Crystal, That was REALLY GOOD!!! I’ve been at this since May. I can only hope to be as good as you in just 11 months. Thank you for sharing that. Truly amazed!

1 Like

Wow! You learned a lot of technique really fast. :+1: Great skills! Keep on truckin’. :blush:

1 Like

Hey Crystal,
I can just repeat, what has already been said: your playing is wonderful :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:. Thanks a lot for sharing it with us.

1 Like

Hey Crystal, I just loved the expression on your face when you restarted, it was a great one of these :roll_eyes:
I think for your time in you’ve done a remarkably good job of it, there’s a bit of polishing up to do on the odd bits of hesitation but the core of it is there. For your first foray into videoing yourself and posting for critique it’s wonderful, keep it up you’re really doing well! :+1::+1::+1:

1 Like

Hi Crystal, that was fantastic. A beautiful song played beautifully.

1 Like

Sup crystal! This was really good! Especially since you just been learning for a year! Very well done!! Applause!!

1 Like