Tears in Heaven (Acoustic) - first video

My first video, so please be kind . I’ve been learning since October '21.

Taylor Academy 10e
Photo Booth
MacBook built-in mic.

30 Likes

:clap:t2::clap:t2::clap:t2::clap:t2:

2 Likes

Very good. Instantly recognizable and most enjoyable to listen to. Woo Hoo for you!

1 Like

Hey Crystal.

Well done, and congratulations on your first song post! Great progress for less than a year’s learning. Good rhythm too which is crucial. Keep goin’ :+1:

Cheers, Shane

1 Like

Wow, that was really great for such a new player! Consider filming so we can see your fretting and playing hands next time and you might get some feedback there. Well done and good rhythm/timing!

1 Like

Hi Crystal that was great especially considering how recently you started your guitar journey! Sounded really good overall, although hard to give more feedback as your hands weren’t filmed. I heard some muted notes but with time this will get easily fixed.

All the best and bravo!

1 Like

Having started at age 66 I have nothing but respect for the effort that you have put in to play this beautiful music. Well done!

1 Like

Wow, well done! It seems to me really a lot in not even a year of learning! You have a very good rhythm that catches immediately the ear over the technical difficulties. Brava!

1 Like

:fire: :fire: :fire: Sounding great :fire: :fire: :fire:

1 Like

Hi Crystal, that was so musical. Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

Wow! Crystal, that was great! Especially for less than a year of learning! Love the song and enjoyed listening to you play it :slight_smile:

1 Like

That sounds really nice. You play it so well, how did it feel playing it? You appear a little tense (understandable for a first video!) and clearly concentrating really hard. Maybe experiment with playing it more freely (worry less about playing the “right” notes) so you can relax and enjoy the lovely music you’re making?

1 Like

Hi Crystal,
Your first video wow…and what a great one :clap: :sunglasses: :bouquet: …o you are going to enjoy this song so much more after a wile…not really one that I would recommend to start with :roll_eyes: :exploding_head:… …It was the first song I was going to learn when I looked at songs from Justin…or at least tried to learn…For all new players DON’T DO THAT ,this is a very hard song(unfortunately on electric guitar for me for sure)… every now and then I come back to it, and have taught me a few things wrong over time… but you really did a fantastic job,and without a doubt this will be perfect very soon…be proud :sunglasses:
Greetings,Rogier

1 Like

It’s never too late! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Seriously, Crystal, that was AMAZING!! That is such a tricky song to tackle so early on in your guitar playing and you do it so well. You give it a great feel. The emotion of the song comes through completely and your guitar sounds beautiful. You didn’t rush and you allowed time for the music to breathe. Really well done.

1 Like

Finger style always amazes me, and for the brief time you’ve been playing this was really good IMHO. Nicely done and a pleasure to listen to.

1 Like

I was so curious how you played this song. I’ve started learning this song myself from around fall 2020 (I play the guitar for 3 yrs now), and I am now somewhere in the middle of the B-part. The A part I’m almost happy with, and part 3 is looming on the horizon…, and here I find you and you ‘just did it!’. Such a difficult song! Congratulations on not hesitating to show us. The melody comes really forward, and I liked the soft touch you have when changing the chords. Pity I couldn’t see your hands, that would have been educational for me. I also liked that in places where you hesitated a little, you just go on and show no regret or whatever, you continue and keep the tempo up without losing a beat. Nice that this was your first post, hope many more follow!

1 Like

Hi Crystal,

This sounds fantastic.
Less than a year playing - looks like you’ve put in a lot of practice in that time - and well worth it for this performance.

Top stuff.

Digger

1 Like

Thank you for your thoughtful post. I will repost with hands shown asap. I looked at Justin’s and another Australian guitarist’s tutorial on YouTube :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
to find the best fit for me. I practice it daily. It’s been six weeks since I started learning the song (after checking my browsing history).

I’ve really focused on fingerpicking for a few months now using exercises from different sources that I’ve found.

I’d really like to learn blues fingerpicking, but the timing isn’t coming as naturally as it did with strumming blues rhythm.

Thanks again :green_heart:

Very good! I find the opening lick, that repeats many times in this song, to be the hardest part. You’ve got that down very well. The rest will fall into place with a little more time.

1 Like