Terra Naomi - Say it’s possible

Hi everyone, it’s been ages since I have posted anything and been ages since I have had a chance to pick up the guitar for anything more than a few minutes. This is a song I learned some time ago and I am using it as an attempt to get back into more regular playing. It’s a little rusty and my voice has been better but here goes.

The song is by one of my favorite artists American indie folk singer Terra Naomi and is called Say it’s possible.

Thanks for the listen!

17 Likes

Hey Eddie!
No rust as far as I can see!!! Sounds good! Nice that you’re getting some 6 string time in & sharing!!! Thanks for an enjoyable few minutes!

Tod

1 Like

Good to see you picking up the 6-string again, Eddie :smiley:
A solid job, indeed. In fact your variable strumming reminds me that I need to up my game a bit :thinking:
Not familiar with the artist, so thanks for the introduction and look forward to hearing more from you :wink:

1 Like

Hi Eddie, I’m so happy to see you’ve posted a new AVOYP :smiley:.

Yes, there are definitely times, when finding some minutes for playing the guitar is pure luxury. Hopefully, there will be more sparetime for you in the future.

I’ve never heard of this artist before. But this song sounds really beautiful :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:. And your playing and vox are a great match - as always :blush:. Very well done on the different dynamics. I really like how they change and make the song even more interesting :smiley:.

Thanks a lot for sharing :hugs:.

1 Like

Very well done, Eddie! :smiley: :clap:

What a beautiful tune, lovely rendition! I will definitely check out the artist, your performance was quite an appetizer. :smiley: Couldn’t hear any rust, to be honest. :slight_smile: Considering you’ve had only sparse time picking up the guitar, this was an awesome performance! Great playing, vocals on point (loved the slided notes!), amazing feeling! :+1:

Keep my fingers crossed you will find a little more time to pick up the guitar again. Know this struggle all to well.

Thanks for sharing. I’m already looking forward hearing more of you. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Eddie, like Nicole I’m very happy to see you back with a new Avoyp! Awesome performance, both strumming and vocals sounded great, I loved the smooth dynamics and the feeling you put into it. I wish you can find more spare time for your guitar, but if the time is short let it be as much sweet like this!

1 Like

Most enjoyable, Eddie.

A treat to watch your strumming action, so fluid, the dynamics.

Looks like guitar playing is like riding a bike for you :grin:

1 Like

Not an artist I know Eddie but that was great. A rust free performance. Well done.

1 Like

Hello, I really enjoyed whole video. Its amazing. :slight_smile: Also I am gonna check original version, because song sounds good.
I would like to know whats the strumming pattern? Is it DUD DUD? I cant see strumming patterns that good yet, but this one is really great. I can do only DDUUDU.

1 Like

Thanks Tod for the comment and for taking time to listen! I really appreciate it!

Thanks Brian. It did feel good to get back into it again and I should have more time available soon. Thanks again for checking it out!

Thanks so much Nicole for checking out my post and I am glad you enjoyed it !

1 Like

Cheers Gordon. I appreciate you taking the time to listen and comment!

1 Like

Thank you David for your kind comments.

1 Like

Thank you for checking this out Silvia. I am looking forward to having more time to play and more time to check out other posts. I appreciate your very kind comments.

1 Like

Thanks so much Lisa and I very much appreciate your feedback and nice comments! I am glad you enjoyed it!

1 Like

Thank you Michal. To be honest I don’t really think too much about strumming patterns and I just play what feels right and whatever drives the song along. For this one I think your observation is pretty close but on my up strokes I only hit the bottom 2 strings and hit them very lightly. I hope this helps.

2 Likes

Hi Eddie,
Very nice :sunglasses: :clap: and no rusty was coming out of my speakers ,so time for you to buy new one`s :roll_eyes:
Good to read that you picking/strumming your guitar more often now…
Greetings…

1 Like

How good to see a fresh video Eddie, thanks for sharing :slight_smile:
I couldn’t pick up too much (any) rustiness in that, hope that the inspiration gets you back on the horse properly.

1 Like

Thanks Rogier. I missed not being on here as much as I was and missed playing too so looking forward to being more active again here. I have missed a lot of great performances.

1 Like