The 1-to-1 Sessions

Hey Keith!

Thanks for that. I tried to make the write-up as detailed as I could, really, because some people might want to know something, so, I don’t want to leave it out.

That’s a very good point, that getting latency as low as possible might involve some trade-offs. I’m pretty novice at the whole AI/DAW situation, so, that’s helpful. I did fiddle around with the settings when I first set it all up, basically tried to get the latency as low as I could, but, now I just open that template over again each time and practice playing. I don’t have it open right now, but, I’ll definitely mess with it some more in the future!

Best Wishes,
Todd

1 Like

Hi Todd,
Good to read that you have benefited so much from it,… have fun processing and applying it further :sunglasses:
Greetings,…

1 Like

Thanks for the write up Todd. Sounds like a great lesson.

That there is why I end up playing so much acoustic folk stuff whereas I listen to a lot of rock.

3 Likes

Oh yeah, that makes sense for sure. I mean, while I have my own tastes in music for listening, I am usually willing to listen to anything. Also, I’ve been trying basically every song that goes along with each module, no matter the genre. I don’t mind playing any of them. Plus… have you ever seen Reel Big Fish’s “Masters of All Musical Styles” bit? That seems to me to be the ultimate goal, to be able to play a bit of everything.

In case anybody is wondering, here’s the bit. I mean, it’s a funny bit, but it is genuinely one of the things that contributed towards me wanting to learn guitar: Reel Big Fish - “SR” (Masters of all Musical Styles version) Live! (Pro Filmed) - YouTube

3 Likes

Just went and watched the Reel Big Fish video. Pretty cool. I’m in the same boat with wanting to be able to play a bit of everything.

1 Like

Yeah, they’re one of my favorite bands; when I say that I’m into Ska-Punk, they are one of my prime examples. They are also one of the sillier bands in that scene. :rofl: I actually had tickets to see them back in Spring 2020… when everything closed due to the pandemic. Hopefully they go on tour again.

They’ve been around for almost 30 years, I think. It’s mainly the lead singer/guitarist who has kept it together. I think every other part has slowly been replaced. It’s like the Ship of Theseus.

1 Like

Thanks form the write up but wondering how you got the 1-2-1. Did you win something? If so well done but must have missed that.

1 Like

Good question, as Justin says in one of his videos that he doesn’t do many one-on-one lessons anymore. So it was not something I ever expected!

In my case, it was another forum member who had won it! They had a couple of sessions left, and they decided to donate one to me. (I asked Justin how this happened, and that’s what he told me.)

Here is the forum post where Justin informed me of this: Beginner's safe space - #382 by JustinGuitar

Todd really cool summary thanks for sharing! Heaps to learn from and hopefully will make your guitar journey even more enjoyable :wink:

2 Likes