The Ballad Of John & Yoko

I’m having a lot of fun practicing this, it gives me a great feeling trying to bash it out. The intro needs work for sure. I messed up the rhythm, once or twice while struggling with the lyrics, which are a nightmare. I just can’t get to grips with ‘They look just like two gurus in drag’. I keep singing guros (rhymes with Euros) :joy:
Anyway, I loved doing this one take, mistake filled video. I hope the YouTube volume is reasonable. I’ve had problems with this aspect in the past. I also hope it plays both channels. That’s another issue I’ve had.

20 Likes

Sounds really good. well done

1 Like

Gosh, I have heard this one in a long time. Good job. Guitar sounds good.

1 Like

:clap: :clap: :clap:
Bravo, John. It’s been a long time … too too long … since we’ve heard you play and sing. That was really good, lovely rendition.

I was on the look out for all those mistakes you mentioned. I guess they snuck past me while I was enjoying your performance.

Both channels recorded.

Level was perfect for YT upload.

Voice and guitar both sounded great.

Now what you going to give us for an encore :grin:

1 Like

Terrific John, I really enjoyed that, haven’t heard that song in ages.
You’re far too self critical. Super vocal and playing.
Volume and balance sounded good to me. Well done.

I can distinctly remember all the black and white TV footage of John & Yoko’s wedding and their honeymoon and ‘bed-in’ in 1969.

Let’s have some more from you.

1 Like

Great song, great performance. Thanks, enjoyed it a lot.

1 Like

That was great Brian er John, really enjoyed it :wink: Looks like you have really got the audio sorted now. Good balance and levels, lets hope you can replicate in zoom. :+1:

:sunglasses:

1 Like

Great job! Not an easy song to sing.

1 Like

Really well done. Great playing and singing, I didn’t notice any mistakes tbh.

1 Like

It’s always good to hear from you John and this is no exception. I love the development in your voice.

1 Like

Wow, that was really great! I’ve started trying to sing while a play and “you know it ain’t easy!” Well done!

1 Like

@tony @SandyMusic @DavidP @sairfingers @saturno @TheMadman_tobyjenner @think2100 @jkahn @batwoman @jorgeileon1970
Thank you all for your encouragement. Always means a lot to me!

3 Likes

That was really solid John well done and great to have you back in AVOYP!

1 Like

Well-performed version of a great song, John.
Take a bow! :smiley:
I was 8 or 9 when I first heard this and it was instantly one of my favourite fab four songs.
Having said that, I’m now a bit disappointed that my ‘misheard’ lyrics are no longer valid.
I loved the idea of John & Yoko eating chocolate cake in the bath.
and I was convinced the ‘Think’ was actually ‘Click!’, as a friend had told my the White Album was supposed to have a nude selfie of John & Yoko during their bed protest. Obviously rubbish, but I liked the obscure reference even then :roll_eyes:
Looking forward to your next share already :smiley:

1 Like

@adi_mrok @brianlarsen thanks chaps!

Great work John, haven’t heard that in ages and what a way to be reacquainted :clap:

Hey John,
It would be nice if my “mistake filled productions” were as good as this. Great job and play. I enjoyed it and thanks for doing it.

Be well and keep up the good vibe,
LB

1 Like

Thanks, LBro. In mentioning mistakes I was thinking of the words I mangled. There were some in there!

I’ve not heard that one before John but it was very enjoyable. I thought your singing and playing were really good and not knowing the song I didn’t notice and mangled lyrics. :smiley:

1 Like

John,
that was a great performance. I liked absolutely everything - the sound of the guitar and your playing, a pleasant relaxed manner of singing.
And I didn’t notice any rhythm disturbance :wink:
Thanks for sharing!
Leo

1 Like