The Beatles - Don't Let Me Down (Short Cover)

I’ve been practicing recording guitar directly to a computer. If it wasn’t for your feedback to my first AVOYP, I probably wouldn’t find motivation to do it. Finally no more acoustic sound of the strings. :smiley:

Here’s my first AVOYP with properly recorded audio. :slight_smile: Playing https://www.justinguitar.com/songs/the-beatles-don-t-let-me-down-chords-tabs-guitar-lesson-sg-099 plus some improvisation.

I’m using THR30II as recording interface. I record a dry sound (no effects) into Garage Band and change the sound with plugin Neural Tone King Imperial MKII. I can get similar sound with THR30II amps&effects but if I record dry and use the plugin, then I can change my sound settings after I recorded the track. I’ve also learned it’s important to use monitoring headphones, so that recorded audio doesn’t sound very different when I play it on some other device.

10 Likes

This sounded really good! Kind of a John Mayer vibe to it, I’ll have to check that lesson out.

2 Likes

That was great Kamil. Super smooth chords, strumming and improv. Well done.

1 Like

Awesome. Great tone and playing, loved it.

1 Like

Hello Kamil,

Fantastic, beautiful … wow… sound and playing :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:, only downside is that it was so short, I wanted more of this…
Greetings ,Rogier

1 Like

That sounded amazing Kamil! Great tone, timing, well everything.

1 Like

Great play, tone, and vibe, Kamil; thanks for sharing.

1 Like

Thank you all all very much. :smiley:

@jsgreen You have a very good ear. I was using “Mayer-ish” preset. :smiley: Speaking of Mayer, here’s a fantastic performance of Don’t Let Me Down. I love how they have a conversation using their guitars in the second part of the performance.

@roger_holland I have it as one of my goals to record something longer one day too. :slight_smile:

@TheCluelessLuthier I’m happy to hear that it sounds on time. I had metronome in the background in my ear and was trying to keep the groove. Still not perfect, but getting better. It’s also interesting that sometimes I think that I play on time and then I put on a metronome and learn that I actually don’t. :laughing: So yeah, practicing with metronome helps a lot. Justin rhytm lessons and foot tapping exercises also helped tremendously, even though I found it very difficult for a long time.

1 Like

Oh so good,Kamil! I really enjoyed it.

1 Like

Hello Kamil,
Very masterful and good performance, thank you!
And the guitar sound turned out to be natural and beautiful.
Waiting for new videos!
Leo

1 Like

That was great Kamil really cool vibe with all those embolishments, reminds me of Yellow Ledbetter a bit by Pearl Jam and if you are into this kind of vibe I recommend giving it a go as well :slight_smile: no nits from me tone and play was bang on! Pozdrawiam! :smile:

1 Like

Thank you very much. :smiley:

@adi_mrok I listened to it and find the song wonderful. :slight_smile: Lots of Hendrix vibes! :slight_smile: :guitar: Pozdrawiam. :smiley:

1 Like

Lovely clean, smooth sound! Thoroughly enjoyed it.

1 Like

Very well done, really enjoyed that tone. So envious of you picking folk, have not gotten there yet😀. Your blur fade at the end caught me off guard, thought my eyes were going goofy!…Rod

1 Like

Well done! I’ve always loved that chord progression, and you gave it justice. Your tone was very tasteful as well. Nice share!

1 Like

That was awesome!! Very tasteful for sure! Good job man! Sounds really good for being plugged in your computer!

1 Like

Thank you :man_bowing: :slight_smile: I’m happy you comment on the tone because I’ve spend lots of time trying to figure out how to get it right on the computer. :slight_smile: My conclusion is that the secret sauce is good “IR” (cabinet and microphone simulation).

@adi_mrok regarding Yellow Ledbetter, funny coincidence that I’ve watched this today John Mayer Instagram Live (3/16/2019) Playing guitar in his kitchen - YouTube (from 24m 40s)

I also watched Pearl Jam - "Yellow Ledbetter" Live in Krakow Multicam - YouTube and other live versions. Made me want to go and see them live. They even plan to play in Cracow this year but tickets are sold out… :frowning: Such a wonderful song, can’t stop listening to it. :smiley: Will be exploring more of Pearl Jam.

1 Like

Your welcome! Thats really interesting i may have to try that some day!!!

1 Like

Great stuff Kamil glad you enjoyed it. Yes Yellow Ledbetter is a great tune and I knew you are going to like it :slight_smile: there are tons of great songs especially the first album Ten is full of classics, really great stuff.

However to be fair I would probably give up Gigaton tour, I just wasn’t impressed with latest album and if this is a concert theme then I wouldn’t be happy to spend so much money on it, I will wait for them to either go with their Greatest hits tour or perhaps a new album would be more my cup of tea. Alternatively I hope Eddie Vedder is going to do European tour next year with his latest solo album called Earthling as imo it was awesome.

I saw PJ live once in 2010 at Opener just hours after getting my graduation diploma from high school :smile: heck lots of people but totally worth it and it was straight after they released an album I really dig!

And yes it’s good to be quick with tickets for bands such as them, the other factor that could influene difficulty in getting in is obviously rescheduled tour due to covid and all people who bought tickets originally having the priority to buy tickets for rescheduled dates. From my experience it is still a lot easier to get a ticket for concert in Poland comparing to UK, it’s mental here! I barely got tickets for this year’s RHCP concert and I was waiting 10 mins before deadline buying tickets in presale just to get through and all tickets being sold out 2 mins later! Thank God I made it.

Oh and one more thing - you are gonna like this one! :joy: Redirecting...

1 Like

That was very tasty Kamil. Loved the tone and loved the playing. Keep rockin’ it. Super stuff.

1 Like