Socio - September 2022 - The Circle (OCS) plus Don't Look Back In Anger

@alexisduprey Thanks for the listen and feedback, Alexis :smiley: Glad you enjoyed that performance mate. Yes, on paper the Bm chord looks easier than the F chord but is a rather tricky one to get down… I found just moving my fingers from various chords to it… forming the chord shape hovering above the strings and then practicing the landing helped. It’s a great song for practicing sus chord embellishments and dynamics with some simple chords (apart from that Bm).

@adi_mrok Thanks for the listen and feedback, Adrian :smiley: Glad you enjoyed that performance mate. That comment made my day mate. It’s all credit to Justin’s teaching methods and the communities feedback and guidance. I’m glad I decided to record that song as an anniversary song now than my stuck 3&4 chord versions of Don’t Look Back In Anger and Supersonic. It’s definitely a song that’s going to stay in my repertoire.

@SILVIA Thanks for the listen and feedback, Silvia :smiley: Glad you enjoyed that performance. I found Justin’s strumming techniques course great for developing a feel for rhythm and strumming. It’s really helped me through the beginner course.

@Buncey Thanks for the listen and feedback, Liane-Rose :smiley: Glad you enjoyed that performance and were singing along with me. It’s a great song from a very underrated band. Now I need to go back through my 90s records and see what other gems I can find to learn.

2 Likes

Excellent James​:clap::clap:

Good to see you playing :relaxed:.

You are just one year in your Journey? :flushed:. wow you gotta be proud, that song has a lot of chord changes and embellishments that you nailed :clap:

1 Like

@Rumil Thanks for the listen and feedback, Edgar :smiley: Yes, one year in but it’s went by that fast it only feels like a couple of months…time flies by when your having fun eh…It’s a great song for consolidating the sus chord embellishments that we learned in Grade 2.

1 Like

Really agree. I hit the 2 years mark past month and got the same feeling

1 Like

I think I may have figured out what happened here. When I updated OBS it wasn’t taking the input from the audio interface it was taking the input from the laptop microphone.

1 Like

Hey James, not sure how I missed this when you posted it!

Congrats on your 1 year guitar-versary. I hope it feels great, you’ve accomplished a lot. This video was great, a total performance. :fire::fire::fire:

You should be proud.

1 Like

Hi Socio,

Nice cover; guitar & vocal.
Guitar sounds bright and breezy - a tone I associate with OCS from those early days.
I think you capture the spirit of the vocal as well.

I liked the addition of Inspiral Carpets at the end.

Digger

1 Like

@jkahn thanks for the listen and feedback, JK, it’s much appreciated :smiley: yes, it feels good looking back at the progress made over the course of a year. Overall happy with how this recording turned out, it was probably the first time I’ve hit the record button and then after the first verse forgot all about the camera and just got lost in the song.

@Digger72 thanks for taking the time to listen and comment Stephen. Your feedback is very much appreciated mate :smiley: I was wondering whether anyone would listen to the end and capture the Inspiral Carpets lyrics. I’ve decided now to learn that Inspiral Carpets song on the acoustic as it is such a good song.

1 Like

The circle is complete in my ears. Nice job, well sung and played. This one to me seemed very steady and smooth. Probably fair to say you have put some time in on this one?

All the best and be well,
LB

1 Like

@LBro
Thanks for the listen and Feedback, LB. I’ve been practicing this one for just under 2 months, about 5 minutes per practice session. I did put a lot of effort into the verses as the Bm chord was given me a lot of grief, so a lot of practice on changing to and from the Bm chord. It’s still not quite there but more manageable now and I’m getting a bit more confident with it.

Hey all,

So as part of Grade 2 Consolidation I’ve been learning a couple of songs to consolidate the Stuck 3&4 Chords. So here’s Don’t Look Back In Anger as Wonderwall felt a bit cliche.

As always feedback is appreciated as it helps in the development process. Thanks.

26 Likes

I see Oasis, I click.

Great one James, I hadn’t seen DLBIA played with a capo with those chords shapes, sounds quite nice.

You got a consistent rhythm, nice strumming with some picking as well.

And on top of that singing, felt like you were getting more relaxed as you went on, great job.

Now to talk about other things, I liked your little tittle, great intro, and is that an Epiphone hummingbird? I was very close to getting when I was looking for a “decent” acoustic but decided to get the Jumbo in the end, glad I did but I had a good feeling playing it, sounds and looks amazing.

Cheers!

1 Like

@KevinKevan

Hey Kevin thanks for the listen and feedback mate. It’s much appreciated.

it’s the way Noel plays it mostly these days on the acoustic. Most of the Oasis songs he plays recently with a capo using stuck 3&4 chords when on the acoustic.

That’s a good observation as I noticed that too in the OCS cover I posted last week. It seems to take me a verse to settle down and become relaxed.

Yes, your spot on it’s an Epiphone Hummingbird.

Great job James. I love Oasis and enjoyed your version. You grew in confidence as the song progressed. Super stuff!

1 Like

@Eddie_09

Thanks for the listen and feedback Eddie. It means a lot mate. Yes, I’m slowly building up my confidence. I suppose the more I put myself out there the more my confidence will grow and my playing & singing improve.

1 Like

Don’t look back in anger is my favorite oasis song! You did an amazing job covering it James, really awesome cover. Singing was great as well as the playing. Liking all the new consolidation vids!

1 Like

@alexisduprey

Thanks for the listen and feedback Alexis, it’s much appreciated mate. Glad I didn’t murder your favourite Oasis song. Yes, I figured it was time to start posting some of the stuff I’ve been learning to consolidate to make sure I’m on the right path.

Absolutely mate the more you do it the easier it gets as your voice is an instrument too.

1 Like

Nice guitar i thought about getting one of those at one time sounds great! Nice cover man!

1 Like

Super smooth James! Well done, great choice of song! :clap: :star_struck:

1 Like