The cranberries - Linger

Thanks Peter, and thank you for taking the time to listen and comment!

Hi, Eddie. Unfortunately, I’m not familiar with the song, but I sure enjoyed your performance, and I like the dynamics you’re working into it.

1 Like

Eddie I am very familiar with the song and your choice really surprised me, positively of course but an unusual choice for a guy :grinning: you really played and sung it well, although agree with Brian put a capo 1 or 2 frets higher up the neck and I think your vocal range would benefit of it as I think you had quite some room in your high range but somehow you sounded a bit less confident on lower register. Again really enjoyed it regardless and would make my day during OM :grinning:

1 Like

Cheers Dave. Really glad you enjoyed it!

Thank you Adrian. I agree that it was an unusual choice for me as it is a tough one to sing for a guy. I have been working a lot lately on singing so was looking for something to push me out of my comfort zone so went for this one. I love reading your comments not just on anything I post but also on other people’s posts as you have fantastic analytical skills (both audio and visual) and any advice that you provide is well worth taking on board. Cheers again and thanks for the feedback!

1 Like

Good stuff Eddie. A great song that I haven’t heard for ages.
An interesting choice of song which certainly stretched you vocally. My initial thought was you should try a capo at fret 2 but you’ve already answered that one.
I thought your A chord thing worked really well and the fact you’re thinking about things like that shows you’re right into the vibe of the song.
Well done.

1 Like

Hello Eddie, I think you did a great job on your vocals, the song is not so easy but you did well and it sounds good. The strumming…that sounded superb, as always! :blush:

1 Like

Hey Eddie, great song choice and great delivery. :+1:

1 Like

Hi Eddie,
a great choice for a cover.
and a wonderful performance of this difficult song!
Leo

1 Like

Cheers Gordon. Really appreciate the listen and feedback!

Thank you as Always Silvia!!!

Cheers James!

Thanks a lot for the listen and the feedback Leo!

Most enjoyable, Eddie. I only know Zombie so listened to this without any reference and thought your play and vocal was excellent … lots of dynamics and feeling.

1 Like

That was great Eddie. Emotional. It’s such a good song. Looked like it was easy for you too.

1 Like

Great job Eddie, certainly not a typical song for a guy to do but that was a great spin on it. Vocals sounded awesome!

1 Like

Great Job @Eddie_09 Voice and Guitar both sounding excellent.

1 Like

Nicely done Eddie, I’m not the one to advise on vocals.
I can (being pedantic) say that Asus2 is neither major nor minor so talking of it ad Am with 1st finger lifted is only accurate if talking about fingering choices. You can play it as an A chord with a finger lifted. :wink:
C with the 3rd fret on the B string is Cadd9.
:slight_smile:
End of pedantry.

1 Like

Thanks David. Really appreciate you checking it out. It’s probably their most famous song after Zombie.

Thanks Richard and I don’t mind a bit of pedantry if it means that I learned something! :sunglasses:

1 Like