The Madman’s Diaries – Santa and The Mixo Kid (Chapter 12 December 2021)

Well seemed too good an opportunity to miss and hopefully not sent to many folks running away !!
Anyway, Robbie (I’m sure you’ll suss that!) needed and airing and as DP suggested a video, a freestlye mixo romp seemed the way to go. Be careful over there and have sensible New Year !

All the best for 22 :sunglasses:

PS Once Upon a Time, there were Mods and Rockers

You might be a Mod but …

You Rock Ozzy

1 Like

Clint, you and LBro need to venture out from AOVYP, you’ll be amazed at all the gigs going on here ! :sunglasses:

Nice intro/impro you mad-dog-Englishman :crazy_face:
That is one sweet sixstring. I can see myself buying a Gretsch one day, just for the Bigsby aesthetics. Never played a guitar with a whammy bar before.
One day…

I still miss my Vespa PX125 :cry:
… but I get a lot more mileage out of the Hagstrom I bought with the proceeds :smiley:

PX ? That Part Exchange for a proper bike ? :rofl: I miss me Vespa curries, sumthin like that ? :upside_down_face:

Hehe, I thought you had buried the hatchet, ya big greaser?
Buried in me back! I’m putting pennies back in me piggy bank for a replacement then :rofl:

Oh honey bun I wish you and your Parka no offense. Bissous.

You give me too much credit, Toby.

So true @brianlarsen that Bigsby is special. Now if I had a black LP with a Bigsby I’m sure I could sound a lot more like Neil. That aside, I can imagine playing well enough to justify a second electric and a semi-hollow with Bigsby and maybe P90s would be just the ticket sound and aesthetics wise (irrespective of the name on the headstock).

Ah now that was for Richard but I missed the direct Reply. There’s a clue in one of my comments, :steam_locomotive: :telescope:

Had to read both this Topic and the NGD Topic and then sussed it (before appreciating yet another clue).

Made harder as I’ve never seen it. Not sure I want to either, however good it may be. But after you posted “It’s a guitar” I did give Desperado a watch, which gave me a laugh or two … the level of OTT just makes it all ridiculous and Banderas was delightful.

@Richard_close2u if the GIF crosses the line I’ll delete it but it is just how I felt as I read Toby’s reply, so I’d appreciate being let off with a warning for length of previous good conduct this time.

It’s good to see you guys playing nicely together!

:wink:

Robbie - Begbie

3 Likes

As always, Toby, great work! Really nice looking and sounding guitar :guitar: :guitar: A great addition and balances out your stable nicely. :smiley:

I’ve only just come across this Toby. There are so many “hello I’m……” posts at the moment, everything else gets pushed down the page.

Great sounding and looking guitar and some great improv too. Well done on your last chapter of ‘21. You’ve put together some terrific stuff this year.

Thank you Gordon, as has your good self. :sunglasses:

1 Like

I hear you, but something has to give. There’s a lot going on as we head into 2022. I’m happy to be around the forum in any capacity and at any level. Cheers!

2 Likes

Hi Toby
I Like your new Gretsch. I have a similar guitar (Godin) and it took me some time to get used to the shape and tone possibilites. Very different to play compared to my telecaster. Hope you find the time to really test it out and play some fine blues licks and rock tunes!

Hope to see/hear more from it.

Thanks Eric.

There’s a few in the stable, so I am working a Blues rotation at the moment. Different guitar each night but working similar licks. All good fun :sunglasses: