The Madman's New Diary Chapter Eight - Simply A Madman 45 yrs On From 77

I really enjoyed that. One of my favorites. Thank you.

1 Like

Firstly, belated happy anniversary. I hope you and your wife had a lovely day.

Secondly, that was brilliant Toby, very heart felt. Great playing and singing.

It was interesting to read about the plane crash. I didn’t even know this had happened and made the song even more poignant.

Thanks Stefan it was good to do this as a campfire version but it’s still very much working progress. There’s a lot going on in the original version that I would like to cover one day. Working towards that slowly the picked chords and definitely the solos, bridges etc. One of my all-time favourites from one of my all time favourite bands. Thanks for listening.:sunglasses:

1 Like

Realised I missed a few replies, sorry peeps !

@skinnyt Trevor thanks for the reassurance on the Key but guess capoing at 2 would have the higher notes a little easier to reach ! :sunglasses:

@Twangmaster Hi Greg, yes the “studio” has been acquired over many years but finally I have a layout where everything is accessible and plenty of options. But to be honest a phone and a “cup stand” works just as well when you are starting out. Plenty of mixing and production threads and advice on these pages, so if you ever go down that route just shout for assistance ! :sunglasses:

@pkboo3 Sorry Pam, missed you dropping by ! Thanks for taking a listen and the kind words. :sunglasses:

@Digger72 Hey Dig thanks for that. Yep sometimes a simple approach is all that’s required but a little fettling in Reaper doesn’t go amiss. Cheers for the vocal approval but I am sure folks would prefer Katja to my gruff howling ! :rofl:

@catbird55 Thanks for that Mart and glad you enjoyed it. :sunglasses:

Hopefully I’ve not missed anyone :scream:

Cheers

Toby
:sunglasses:

Great job!

1 Like

Toby, I’m weeks late in catching this AVoYP. That was terrific. A stripped back acoustic version of a great song. I loved that. Your vocal and guitar play were both first class and I loved your backstory. The feeling and emotion that you have for the song shone out in your performance.
Well done my friend.

2 Likes

Thank you for those kind words sir ! I trust you are fully refreshed from your Gallic adventures?

It’s a great song and been on my list for many years but the vocals had been way out of reach and a simple campfire version sounded plain naff, without the lyrics. So its been a long time coming but that made it more special, given the timing. Still more to do with it, so it stays on the developer list.

Thanks again Gordon !

:sunglasses:

1 Like