The Power of Love - FGTH Cover - The Comfortably Strange

Merry Christmas All,

Hope you don’t mind me posting this little indulgence. Just wanted to wish everyone a happy Christmas and New Year.
We did a quick cover of Frankie Goes To Hollywood’s The Power of Love, but based on the Gabrielle Aplin cover from a little while ago.

Katja on vocal and piano.
I just added a little atmospheric synths and a bit of production.

All the best.

Digger and Katja

11 Likes

Never mind you sharing music produced by your and Katja, be it covers or originals, Digger. Suitably moddy cover with Katja’s vocal, the piano and the synth accompaniment.

With you both a joyful Christmas an New Year.

Hi Stephen,
Great job & production. Great to have a keys player in your front lady! I don’t remember if Katja has blessed us wither her keys play prior?

For sure this has your folks stamp on it and is another great effort! I hope we hear more covers from you in the new year…?

All the best to you folks in the New Year and have a great Christmas!
LB

Hey, that sounds super pro. Beautiful :ok_hand:

Excellent as always guys. Loved FGTH when I was growing up. Beautiful cover! Have a great Christmas and a happy new year!

Super stuff as always Digger. A very happy Christmas to you and Katja. :santa::mx_claus:

Superb job. Nuff said.

Just absolutely gorgeous! I could listen to Katja’s vocals all day! Emotional, powerful performance. Thanks for sharing!
Merry Christmas to you both :hugs:

Goosebumps for Christmas, who needs presents after this gift. Another incredible production on all fronts. Thank you Digger and Katja please keep being Comfortable Strange. Beautiful.
:sunglasses:

Hello Digger and Katja! Very, very beautiful song, amazing vocals and great keyboards, my applause to you both and hats off!

Mike

Hi Stephen and Katja,
Wow :sunglasses: :bouquet: :clap:
Greetings,Rogier

Hello :hugs: it sounds beautiful and super pro! :clap::clap::clap: thanks for sharing! And Happy New Year :fireworks::fireworks::fireworks:

I loved that version of the song. Really nicely done Stephen and Katja. Had a lovely haunting feel to it.