The Roller- Beady Eye/Liam Gallagher (cover)

Hi everyone,

It’s been a while since I’ve shared an AVOYP. Today, Dan and I recorded a version of The Roller by Beady Eye. If you are not familiar with them, Beady Eye was the band that was briefly formed by the other members of Oasis after Noel left the band and was fronted by Liam Gallagher. They released a couple of albums before the band broke up in the early 2010’s and the members moved on to other projects.

Dan and I actually saw Beady Eye in concert before they broke up. They put on a good show. Their sound is a bit different than Oasis, but you can definitely still tell it’s the same people :wink: This was my favorite song off their debut album.

We also tried to give ourselves a bit more of a “stage” for this one. We are still working on it, but I think it’s an improvement from the background obviously being our family room :laughing:

Thanks for watching!

The Roller

12 Likes

Sounding great :clap: not familiar with the song but to my ear you pretty much nailed it, a fantastic performance :v:

1 Like

Well that was a good bit of fun Jen ! Love the new “stage” giving it more a live performance feel. Have some vague recollection of the post Noel period and it certainly has that Oasis vibe, especially as you picked up on the Gallagher “Manc” vocal tone. Good solid playing throughout and as always great support from Dan ! Thanks for sharing.

:sunglasses:

1 Like

Hi Jennifer…and Dan :sunglasses:
:sunglasses: :clap:
Nicely played, what good to see and hear with “only” a drum set, guitar and vocals and that stands as a band :sunglasses:
I totally get it with this background, it looks 100% stage worthy :sunglasses:…but I do want to add that the whole AVOYP in your bedroom/living room is also definitely one of the charming things about this whole forum…but every now and then a tight setting / background is of course also great … but of course do what you like best, I’ll listen anyway :clap:
Greetings,rogier

1 Like

Sounding good guys. Don’t know the band but certainly know Oasis… you guys channeled that kind of sound. Nice share!

The family room is as good as a stage I reckon, like Rogier says.

1 Like

Well done.
Love the venue!!!

1 Like

@jkahn @roger_holland Thank you both! Not sure if the “stage” will stick around long term, but it was fun to play around with a different setting :grinning: It may go up or down depending on the song.

1 Like

Thanks Toby! I’m enjoying trying to give these more of a performance feel. I don’t know if I’m going to have it up all the time, but it’s fun to mess around with.

Beady Eye definitely still had a good bit of that Oasis feel, but the songs were different enough that they stood on their own. Had they made it, it would have been interesting to see how their sound evolved over time.

1 Like

@ReneAsologuitar @Chazzo78 Thank you both! I’m glad you enjoyed it.

Oh wow that was super cool @Jenndye429! :clap: :star_struck:
Really enjoyed the performance, great playing all round and loved the vocals! It’s a new song for me but has a great vibe which I felt you guys nailed :sunglasses: :+1:
I am a fan of the new “stage” and feel it works with your aesthetic as a band, I vote keep running with it :wink:

1 Like

Thank you Jeff! I’m thinking we will have the set up for at least the May OM, since it will go nicely with the song I want to do :grinning:

1 Like

Sounding really nice, well done.

1 Like

Thank you Serhat!

nice vibe, well played, new to me , but can hear the Oasis influence.

1 Like

Thank you so much Phil! Dan thought I was playing Oasis when he walked in when I was learning it :laughing:

Really great guys, well done, you really had the Gallagher vibe going on both in the vocal and the guitar (drums great too of course!).
Great guitar groove and I particularly liked the “solo” rhythm guitar part. Some tricky quick chord changes in there.
The vocal was perhaps a bit low in the mix?

As for the new background set, I was waiting for a spangly dressed game show host to pop out from behind the gold curtain! :joy:

1 Like

Nice,
I enjoyed this one and found it easy on the ears. Good tones, play, vox and drums. A really great production all around!

Keep rockin’ and all the best,
LB

1 Like

Thanks Gordon! And yes, I think I was waiting for the same thing :laughing:

Thank you so much! I’m glad you enjoyed

Hey guys that was really good, well done! Pretty interesting rhytmic chops going on in this track and I think you played them in a really confident way, tone was a killer too! Superb overall and I would listen to you guys even if it was recorded in a basement without windows or lights in :laughing: all the best!

1 Like