The Verve - On your own

Hi All,
It’s been a couple of months since I posted anything so thought I would upload this one. I am a big fan of the Verve and this is one of my favorites from them , especially the Richard Ashcroft acoustic version.
Thanks for listening.

20 Likes

You did that song proud Eddie. You really got Ashcroft’s relaxed style and vocals off to a T! Well done sir.:clap::clap:
PS all the best for the rest of the Rugby WC👍

1 Like

Thank you Ian. I appreciate your comments and glad you enjoyed it.
We are playing well at the World Cup :rugby_football: but will need a bit of luck if we are going to go all the way. Enjoying the journey so far though.

1 Like

Hey Eddie, good to see you posting some more recordings. I remember the Verve well and you done a great job with the vibe. Well played and sung with feeling.

1 Like

Great stuff Eddie, I loved it. You just look so chilled whilst you play and sing and you always pick some cracking songs.

1 Like

Always good to see another Eddie song pop up :grinning:
Like many, I’m only really familiar with the Verve’s Symphony and Drugs tunes, so good to expand my horizons.
It was probably the lumberjack shirt and solo acoustic but I was reminded of the Boss :wink:
I enjoy your strumming with hitting individual strings every now and then. Something to take note of.
I was wondering if it might be worth trying the capo a fret or two higher? You’re hitting all the notes bang on and in tune, but there may have been a drop in power when you go lower. It might just be me thinking what would suit my voice better though…
I don’t follow rugby at all and don’t understand many of the rules, but am enjoying the world cup nonetheless. Ireland has truly become a multicultural nation :rofl: :four_leaf_clover:

1 Like

Hello Eddie, so good to see and hear you again :smiley:.
What a nice song :blush:. I haven’t heard it before, but I enjoyed your version very much.
Very relaxed playing and singing :+1::clap:.

I hope, you and your family are all well :slightly_smiling_face:.

1 Like

Good stuff, Eddie! :clap:

I really enjoyed the listen. You got the vibes and your singing and playing appear to be so natural and relaxed - well done! :smiley:

Thanks for sharing. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well played and sung Eddie, that was an enjoyable listen. Your natural playing variations add a lot of life to the song.

Love the tone from your guitar too.

1 Like

Hi Eddie,
I see a man having fun with his guitar and playing and singing a nice song :smile: :sunglasses: :clap:
Greetings…

1 Like

@Socio Thanks so much James. Thanks for checking it out!

1 Like

@Socio Thanks so much James. Thanks for checking it out!
@SgtColon Thanks Stefan. Really glad you enjoyed it.
@Lisa_S Thank you Lisa , I appreciate you taking the time to listen!
@jkahn . Thanks JK. Glad you enjoyed it :+1:
@brianlarsen Thanks Brian and I hope my choice of shirt didn’t detract from the performance :joy:. Ireland certainly has moved on from the old days. Heading back next week for a wedding so looking forward to spending some time on the auld sod again.
@roger_holland Thanks Rogier. I guess if you can’t have fun then what’s the point. Cheers for checking it out :+1:. Very much appreciated!!
@NicoleKKB Thank you Nicole. Alls well here and I hope it’s the same with you and your family. Glad you enjoyed the song.

5 Likes

Thanks for sharing Eddie, I enjoyed it :+1:

Guess who contributed to that, even if just a little bit, almost exactly 30 years ago, for nearly a year. Great memories, I miss those times…

Guess who as well owns an Eastman :wink:

2 Likes

Thank you Franz. I have been away from Ireland now for about 25 years and even though I get back regularly there are things I miss.
I love my Eastman guitar. Lovely to play and has a nice tone.
Thanks for checking out my post!

1 Like

Hey Eddie, I liked that a lot. Honestly I’ve always found Ashcroft’s style and voice quite depressing which you’ve busted with this recording!! Nice one :slight_smile:

1 Like

Cheers Mark and happy I busted that for you :joy:.

1 Like

lol, that has to be the quickest like in history Eddie!! :wink:

1 Like

I just happened to be on my phone at that exact time :joy:.

You got the Verve vibe down to a T there Eddie, well played and sung. Not a song I’m all that familiar with but perhaps you could try the capo up a fret or two.

World Cup rugby. Who mentioned that? :smiley:

1 Like

Cheers Gordon. I will try the capo up a fret and see how it goes. Brian also suggested the same. I appreciate the listen and especially the advice as these are the little things that make us better players.
No more rugby talk for now :+1:

2 Likes