Thegoog - February 2023 - This Year's Love (Feb 4) + First Cut Is The Deepest (Feb 26)

Thank you!

Thanks for the feedback!

Thank you for the feedback!

Good one, Greg! You added your embellishments which is what I watch for lately, since I need work on them, which helps me in my own progress.

1 Like

Thanks for your feedback, I appreciate it!

That was very nice. Good playing and singing. Yes, it did end a little sudden didn’t it.

David Gray is great. So many great songs from White ladder to learn.

1 Like

Terrific performance Greg, it’s a beautiful song which you’ve delivered excellently. I couldn’t pick out any discernible tempo change. I liked the guitar body taps, it broke up the sections nicely.

Only thing I’d comment on, apart from the super abrupt cut off :wink: , is maybe looking to have a change in strumming pattern between verse / chorus rather than keeping the same all the way through, as smooth and consistent as yours was in this. I only really point it out as it’s something I’m becoming more conscious of in my own playing and consideration of songs I’m learning as an additional way to change the dynamics a little.

Super enjoyable though, kudos for doing that on a one take!! :clap:

Thank you!

Thanks for the feedback, I’ll certainly see about changing up the strumming!

Gregg it doesn’t matter if you speed up or slow down it’s you playing and tell me how where you feeling when you were playing. Did you forget about all the crap that goes on around us ? This is what music is. Enjoy

1 Like

My cover of The First Cut is the Deepest by Cat Stevens.

4 Likes

Your video is showing as private. You’ll need to change the settings Greg.

1 Like

Thanks, fixed it!

Not really sure why this was merged into my last post…

Hello Greg, that was such an enjoyable rendition :blush:. I love this song, and you played and sung it so well. I really like your strumming, and the dynamics you put into it.
Thanks a lot for sharing :hugs:.

1 Like

Very well done.
I love Cat Stevens.

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

Thanks very much!

That was excellent Greg. Nice picking, great dynamics and really well sung. Nice!

Thanks very much!