Thejoechoi - February 2022 - The Beatles, Romanian song, Somewhere Over The Rainbow progress, John Lennon

The first two verses and chorus I recall quite well. The song was finger picked. I don’t know if I can sing and do it though.

I can message you about the volunteering stuff. Keep this guitar-related.

1 Like

I don’t know why I didn’t think of sharing the lyrics in the post. Edited to include.

Russian is actually my best foreign language. I might try a song at some point.

1 Like

I posted the translated lyrics and I guess it is religious. I thought it was more traditional folk all these years.

I just included a translation of the lyrics in the post.
Chords to the verse: Amin Bmin Dmin Amin
Chords to chorus: F C Dmin C (the first time) F C Dmin Amin (second time when it repeats)

I don’t really pay attention to strumming patterns. Just try to stay in time with the tempo I establish at the start.

This is the intro riff. It’s just based on minor triad shapes. All 8th notes (1+2+3+4+) Amin second inversion. Amin first inversion. Dmin root position. Amin first inversion. I just made it up. You can pretty much do whatever you want :grinning:

1 Like

I know some basic Romanian so it wasn’t that much of a stretch.

1 Like

Yes, thankyou I’d like that.

Yes, one of those songs that bring me back in time. You should definitely learn it!

Haha. That one might be out of my wheelhouse. Was thinking I could do Bella Ciao from Money Heist though.

I enjoyed that Joe. Even without the singing the playing sounded like an eastern European folk song.

Thanks for putting the lyrics in there and well done for making it through the song back in 2006 when being so nervous.

1 Like

Thanks for taking time to post tabs for intro…Keep rocking

1 Like

Finally got around to giving this a spin, Joe and glad I did :smiley:

It sounded sweet to these lugs, although that doesn’t say much about the accents.
I used to be quick to criticize people’s poor pronunciation/grammar/vocab when singing in a foreign language, but the older I get the more admiration I have for it. Not to mention folk who actually write in ‘foreign tongues’… Yikes!
Kudos for this

1 Like

Hi Joe,
Nicely done. How close is this language to Russian? If close, my wife could probably get through it. I really have no idea though.

Nice play and vox! I enjoyed this one and think your volunteering was cool!

Keep on and maybe next time you mix it up with another language?
LBro

1 Like

Hi Joe
That’s a great story - you must have nerves of steel to take that performance on, and that was such a nice rendition of it you’ve posted… really impressive.

I’m actually going to Romania in a few weeks time with my job so this is a good introduction to the language through guitar :smiley:

Thanks for posting.

Thanks for posting.

1 Like

It’s not very close to Russian at all. Maybe a few words. Closer to Italian or some other Latin language if anything.

I might try a Russian song at some point :thinking:

Nice, you going to be in Bucharest?

Hi Joe
No, Tarnaveni in Transylvania. Never been before but it’s supposed to be a beautiful region.
But I will be packing my crucifix… :grinning: :vampire:

I’ve been there it’s awesome you are gonna have a blast :slight_smile:

1 Like

Why not post this as well! Trying to get this polished in the next two days for class.

Couple of parts in there that are still rough, but it’s all doable with time.

20 Likes

Gorgeous harmonies Joe. I could hear the wheels turning in your brain as well as the tick of the inner metronome. I’ll say it again, you are impressive sir. Thankyou for sharing your talent and your music.

Is the Justin trick looking ahead at the next note/chord while you are playing the previous one?

1 Like

Thanks for sharing the practice sharing, Joe. I look forward to a future version when you’ve smoothed all the rough edges and play it with your customary fluency.

What beautiful chord voicings and melody in the arrangement you are playing.

1 Like