Thejoechoi - February 2022 - The Beatles, Romanian song, Somewhere Over The Rainbow progress, John Lennon

Well done Joe, not an easy piece by any means! There’s a few places where you have to get into fluid memory but it’s just a matter of practice. I think that maybe if you played it all at a slower pace (about the same as where you’re not quite keeping up) it would help. Once you get it all evenly you can go a bit faster.

1 Like

Hey Joe great offering, interesting choice to play it with a pick and spot on, I think it makes the piece sound a lot brighter. Perhaps a follow up using ukulele too? :slight_smile: all the best

1 Like

Nice Job! I would like to learn this one day! THought you did wonderful keep them coming! And keep on keepin on!

1 Like

Gorgeous tune… Very nice practice. I like the expressions you make as you look up in your mind. “What comes next, now?”

1 Like

Very nice chord melody. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Lovely rendition of this, Joe. I was surprised to see you using a pick too, but it worked quite well.

1 Like

Good practice with the counting! I hope how far you have come makes you feel confident! :smiley: I enjoyed this.

1 Like

No, the Justin trick is to make up an intro whenever you play a campfire/BBQ song. People will be impressed. He was right. In fact, someone asked me to tab out the intro for him on the other post! :grinning:

1 Like

The melody notes are on the highest string so when you strum down it’s the last note played. Works out well. I’m not as comfortable with finger style so I went with what I know.

I’ve never even attempted ukulele!

It just hit me that I could post this in learning logs. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Next time!

1 Like

Joe I’m already super impressed by you, star that you are :star_struck:

1 Like

What comes next is actually easy. This arrangement has lots of half notes so I’m supposed to let the notes ring out for two beats before going on to the next. So holding the notes plus the big jumps.

1 Like

Ah I see… I don’t much about half notes and stuff… not yet anyway. Great job though

Very very nice and thanks for posting always good to get a glimpse of an early recording and then see the final thing when you’ve been able to get it to where you want it. Sounding great at the moment.

1 Like

I really enjoyed that. Very soothing! Great sound!

1 Like

Wonderful playing Joe. You nailed that one.

I hope it goes well in the lesson for you.

1 Like

Beautiful playing, Joe! Obviously, you have a well-trained ear.

1 Like

Great stuff, Joe :smiley:
I really enjoyed that.
It’s a song I promised myself I would learn to sing and play one day on the ukulele in the style of IZ :sunglasses:
Cheers for the reminder

2 Likes

IZ sure can play. But who ate all the pies!

2 Likes

Rooney

2 Likes