Thejoechoi - February 2022 - The Beatles, Romanian song, Somewhere Over The Rainbow progress, John Lennon

I feel a song coming on.

2 Likes

I’m sorry it has taken me so long to meet you. I went back and read your introduction. Nice story of your musical history. I enjoyed this song very much. Well played.

1 Like

I admire folks who embark on and can play chord melody. This was nicely done and well on its way to being polished. The bridge sounded pretty smooth. Once you smooth it out and get it up to tempo it will be truly impressive. I don’t think that will be too far off considering how well you’ve played this practice session. Very enjoyable watch/listen.

1 Like

Updated more polished version from a couple days ago.

You can view the original post here.

8 Likes

That was really super nice! Most enjoyable to listen to.

1 Like

That was super sweet playing Joe. It is coming along nicely.

1 Like

Making great progress, Joe.

I am going to append this to the original post. We aim to manage the total number of Topics and include second takes in the original.

1 Like

Hi Joe,
Nice job on this one and I have never seen it played on guitar. I took in your second post and it is pretty good. Keep working at it and smooth it out a bit more. Good tone and recording on your guitar. I could be wrong, but on my end the volume level could come up…

Keep rock’n,
LB

1 Like

That is so cool! Such a dreamy rendition of a wonderful tune.

1 Like

Well done for polishing it up that quickly! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well the polish up was a success. That was lovely, well done.

1 Like

Much smoother and very nicely played…perhaps a little hesitancy still but very very close now.

1 Like

I truly enjoyed this again. Almost therapeutic. I just sat back, relaxed and enjoyed the listen.

1 Like

That’s coming along nicely. I really enjoyed it. I think I’ll add that to my list to learn after I get my 5 basic songs down to pass Grade 1!

1 Like

Wow, that was wonderful. I’m learning it with just the chords right now, and trying to pass level one. But I’m too afraid to post my recordings. I hope to be able to pick this one out like you did.

1 Like

I love these chords. Really interesting and I like that you kept it mostly on the higher strings.

1 Like

Maidie, good to hear you make recordings (invaluable aid to learning). I can only encourage you to take the plunge and share. Create a Learning Log and do it there. While there is no expectation that AVOYP recordings be flawless and of high quality, maybe posting in your LL will make it easier. The Community is supportive and encouraging, no safer place. And you will just get lots of helpful feedback.

Definitely record yourself and post! Just the camera rolling will add some nerves and let you know how well you know something!

Hi Joe,
:star_struck:…the first attempt I was already impressed,…now the 2nd is all to applaud for…and the progress is splashing…Your version just brings a smile to my face. :rainbow: :sunflower:

@brianlarsen I absolutely love the IZ version, that’s the reason I have to buy a ukulele one day, that version always makes me so happy … and a little sad at the same time (always thought, you don’t get old with a body like that ,…well, we see his cremation in this version :cry:)

Greetings Joe and can`t wait to see more

So true Joe, I couldn’t believe how nervous I got just recording. But it was helpful for sure. It took over a week of trying and getting used to recording. I’m having fun, and that’s the most important.