Thejoechoi - February 2022 - The Beatles, Romanian song, Somewhere Over The Rainbow progress, John Lennon

Hi Joe
That’s a great story - you must have nerves of steel to take that performance on, and that was such a nice rendition of it you’ve posted… really impressive.

I’m actually going to Romania in a few weeks time with my job so this is a good introduction to the language through guitar :smiley:

Thanks for posting.

Thanks for posting.

1 Like

It’s not very close to Russian at all. Maybe a few words. Closer to Italian or some other Latin language if anything.

I might try a Russian song at some point :thinking:

Nice, you going to be in Bucharest?

Hi Joe
No, Tarnaveni in Transylvania. Never been before but it’s supposed to be a beautiful region.
But I will be packing my crucifix… :grinning: :vampire:

I’ve been there it’s awesome you are gonna have a blast :slight_smile:

1 Like

Why not post this as well! Trying to get this polished in the next two days for class.

Couple of parts in there that are still rough, but it’s all doable with time.

20 Likes

Gorgeous harmonies Joe. I could hear the wheels turning in your brain as well as the tick of the inner metronome. I’ll say it again, you are impressive sir. Thankyou for sharing your talent and your music.

Is the Justin trick looking ahead at the next note/chord while you are playing the previous one?

1 Like

Thanks for sharing the practice sharing, Joe. I look forward to a future version when you’ve smoothed all the rough edges and play it with your customary fluency.

What beautiful chord voicings and melody in the arrangement you are playing.

1 Like

Well done Joe, not an easy piece by any means! There’s a few places where you have to get into fluid memory but it’s just a matter of practice. I think that maybe if you played it all at a slower pace (about the same as where you’re not quite keeping up) it would help. Once you get it all evenly you can go a bit faster.

1 Like

Hey Joe great offering, interesting choice to play it with a pick and spot on, I think it makes the piece sound a lot brighter. Perhaps a follow up using ukulele too? :slight_smile: all the best

1 Like

Nice Job! I would like to learn this one day! THought you did wonderful keep them coming! And keep on keepin on!

1 Like

Gorgeous tune… Very nice practice. I like the expressions you make as you look up in your mind. “What comes next, now?”

1 Like

Very nice chord melody. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Lovely rendition of this, Joe. I was surprised to see you using a pick too, but it worked quite well.

1 Like

Good practice with the counting! I hope how far you have come makes you feel confident! :smiley: I enjoyed this.

1 Like

No, the Justin trick is to make up an intro whenever you play a campfire/BBQ song. People will be impressed. He was right. In fact, someone asked me to tab out the intro for him on the other post! :grinning:

1 Like

The melody notes are on the highest string so when you strum down it’s the last note played. Works out well. I’m not as comfortable with finger style so I went with what I know.

I’ve never even attempted ukulele!

It just hit me that I could post this in learning logs. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Next time!

1 Like

Joe I’m already super impressed by you, star that you are :star_struck:

1 Like

What comes next is actually easy. This arrangement has lots of half notes so I’m supposed to let the notes ring out for two beats before going on to the next. So holding the notes plus the big jumps.

1 Like