There Will NEver Be Another You Jazz Standard

It’s so encouraging to see so many people on the video forum still! I look forward to doing some catching up here soon. As for this, every year around this time I feel nostalgic enough to try and fine tune this timeless piece. It’s one of the first pieces of legitimate music I learned how to play, and it’s easily one of my favorites. I’m playing it naked (no pick) - and much slower than in previous years. I encourage you all to keep playing and having a good time! Cheers!

17 Likes

So good! I’m working on Beyond the Sea right now - I was inspired by your post from the old forum :grinning:

1 Like

Hi Rob great to hear another fine performance from you sounded jolly as ever! Not sure if you have seen but Open Mic is happening this Saturday if you wish to attend :wink: info below:

Open Mic 008 - Call for interest

1 Like

If my calculations are correct and that is 230pm my time zone (central time in USA), then count me in for a couple of songs! Won’t have time to practice much but I’d love to chill and jam with some old and new faces over a cup of coffee.

Hi Rob,
Wow :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:
That was a nice piece of music, tight chord playing, and I really like your voice too… I hope to see and hear more from you here soon… thank you :bouquet:
Greetings ,Rogier

1 Like

Super stuff as always Rob. You’ve really got that style nailed. Well done.

1 Like

That’s brilliant Rob I will add you to a list and see you on Saturday! You should now be included in a message where Zoom link can be found :wink:

1 Like

Hi Roy,
Came through nicely on this end. Enjoyed the guitar play and vox. You sure got some fast transitions going. Also like the change of pace a the end!

Keep it up and all the best,
LB

1 Like

Hey Rob wonderful to hear you cranking out the classics in your own inimitable style. Always up there and always great to listen to. Thanks for the share. And as Adi say, there’s an Open Mic with your name on it ! Keep the cool jazz flowing bro.

Cheers

Toby
:sunglasses:

1 Like

Robert oh Robert, I’ve melted into a swoon and I don’t want to come out to type, but I’ll get it together enough to do so. You are magic; your musicianship, your hypnotic husky voice, your intuitive timing, a deeply intimate connection with your guitar and the sounds the two of you conjure … I have to go back and swoon some more.

Thankyou for sharing your gift with us. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

A delightful treat as always Roy … you got rhythm, you got groove …

1 Like

Wow. So fast, so effortless. I’m not sure if I’ve ever seen so many complicated chord changes done so fast.

Amazing.

1 Like

That was super!! Your singing and playing is excellent, thanks for sharing!

How long have you been working on that? Those chord changes look tricksy.

1 Like

Knowing Robert he probably learnt it one afternoon. The guys a genius !
:sunglasses:

I’ve been working on/playing this song since 2018. Eventually I was introduced to the Django Reinhardt chords and from there started studying the structure and progressions of common standards like these. Many years of practice and lots of fun here!

I’ve actually been a member of the jg community since 2007, started playing with the lessons like so many on here. I’m just glad to see it grow and thrive. Lots of good people on here doing what they love.

2 Likes

Ahhhh, that was excellent stuff Rob. Love your song postings and you looked to be really enjoying yourself.

And super clean playing with a lot of unusual fingerings.

Thank you all for the kind words. I’ll see y’all in a couple of days for the jam!

Awesome, keep up the great work!

Wow! that was great.