There's only one planet Earth left_COMPOSITION

Hi folks,

I’ve just recorded a song that I had composed starting from a melody that I had in my head. That melody sounds like a million typical melodies but I think it’s not identical to any of them xD

It’s in G…

Hope you can tolerate the sound, I’m not particularly proud of the production… at least I’ve made a little video thanks to the YT channel Free Copyright Videos :slight_smile:

Cheers :+1:

13 Likes

So good, it deserves two links! :laughing:

That was a very enjoyable listen, Jose.
I enjoyed the change in tone/dynamics halfway through.
Do you do all the backing parts yourself as well?
The title had me expect (and hope for) a little ‘darkness’ but I found the whole piece, including the visuals, uplifting.
Gracias, amigo! :sunglasses:

1 Like

Thanks for passing by, mate!
Yeah, I made the whole track, the keybord base with a little keyboard I purchased like a year ago and the drums with the free plugin that comes with Cakewalk.
I’ve got another backing track waiting to be destroyed with my guitar when I find a bit of time, so stay in tune in the next days.
Stay safe! :muscle:

Nice composition José and that was some great guitar playing as well. Very true about the one planet earth and we seem to be doing our best to destroy it.

1 Like

Hi José,
Long time no see,
I understand what you mean by that it sounds general…and it does…but you often have that with in G or A or…and that doesn’t matter at all,…nicely done :sunglasses:…do you have a video of you playing ?..I often read that this is difficult with productions … but it would still be nice to record a part.
Greetings…

1 Like

Love it! :star_struck: :clap: sounds great!
Love the video too

1 Like

That was really great Jose with a beautiful and a powerful video to accompany the song. Nicely done!!

1 Like

Hi mate, glad to see u around! Stay well :facepunch:

Oh, this is far from being a difficult production; just a base recorded with a midi keyboard, the drums with the Cakewalk drum kit choosing the rhythm patterns and fills that you like and the guitar with two different guitar presets, one for the intro clean with chorus and another for the rest of it with distortion and all that.

I want to record myself playing in the future, I’ll try to do something.

Thanks for your feedbank, it’s always appreciated :v:

1 Like

Impressed by not just your ability to compose, coupled with great guitar skills but to then go and top it off with a video……that was fabulous José

1 Like

So glad you enjoyed it, CateB. Thank you very much for your kind words! :v:

1 Like

Nice work José

Fabulous production, Jose! What a beautiful sound and watch. There was a nightly TV Show on German TV, called Space Night, with videos of the earth, seen from space with ambient music. Reminds me a lot, could have watched for hours.
As others have said, a video of you playing would be fine, looking forward to hear more from you!

1 Like

Awesome job Jose, the music really conveys what the title of the song declares. Bravo.

1 Like

Beautiful composition That guitar playing, too, by José, was excellent. Indeed, we only have one planet, and it seems like we’re trying our hardest to trash it.

2 Likes

Playing catch-up. Really enjoyed your composition, Jose, far better in my ears than your ‘not proud of’ comment suggests.

I enjoyed it as is and think maybe you have a number of cool parts here that you could use to produce a song with suitable vocals. Certainly the theme of one planet Earth lends itself well to song-writing.

1 Like

Thank you David!

When I said that I wasn’t particularly proud of the sound maybe I was asking for more than I can do with my current technique and technical means.

Also, some lyrics surely could fit in this song. After all, it is in G major and the guitar gives us some clues on which direction the vocals could take.

I’m glad you find this tune enjoyable :pray::v:

1 Like

Your whole production is excellent and you even throw in a cool vid, nice work :v:

1 Like

Fantastic work, Jose! What a lovely sound and sight. Space Night was a nightly TV programme on German television that included footage of the planet as viewed from space and soft background music. I could have watched for hours. Reminds me a lot.

2 Likes