They call me Ace - Original song by LBro

Yep, they call you Ace. Nice guitar work and mix LB. I agree with the comments on the vocal cadence, and it reminds me of your vocals a ways back. Good story line here too.
Overall well done.

1 Like

That was great LBro, really well worth all the time spent on the track as folks clearly here including myself enjoyed your song! And as others said thanks for a cool storyā€¦ Bro! :grinning: all the best

Great production LBro.

Unlike our dear friend Mr @brianlarsen :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I am not a pacifist, and think national defence is extremely important (even for peace). How someone with a skull in his room is a pacifist Iā€™ll never understandā€¦ :rofl:

What I liked, amazing guitar skills, production quality, video quality. Top notch.

There have been a few comments on the vocal phrasing already, Iā€™m not sure what it was about it, maybe the words felt too drawn out at times and rushed in others? Iā€™m no expert here and couldnā€™t do better myself but there is probably something to improve there.

Overall a great share, I always like listening to an original.

Hi Jeff,
It is great you got to work around the F-16 and other fighters. Great planes for sure. Funny about MTV, I agree 100%, though I was never much a fan of their stuff. I guess from what you say. Early on was worth a viewā€¦

Thanks for stopping by and take good care,
LB

Thanks Maggie,
Yeah, the hand is not cutting me much slack. The rest I gave it for a month and a half really neutralized my callouses. I am trying to play and build them back up, but it is a slow process.

I will keep plugging away at my original and maybe someday they will show more improvementā€¦ Thanks for your kind words of encouragement too!

All the best and take care,
LB

1 Like

Jeff,
Thanks for the spin and comments. The video took me longer than most as there was not as much footage of the F-22 as I would have thought. Keep up the good vibe!
LB

1 Like

Hi Gordon,
Glad this struck your fancy and I hope do more in the future!

All the best and good playing to you!
LB

You bet and take good care!
LB

1 Like

Great production LB and some tasty playing in there too. The video went really well with the song. Loved the shots from within the cockpit.

Hey Leo,
Great to see you here, I trust you are doing well? Thanks for stopping by and for the nice comments. I am wondering what melody you like? Is it the little guitar riff fills in the verse area? If so, know those took me a while to work in as they gave me fits!

All the best to you and be well!
LB

Hah, I tie Aceā€™s shoes! Sounds like I did not Ace the vocals or lyrics phrasesā€¦ Learned a little there for sure on this one. I do thank you for the spin and chiming in. Great to see you out and about. Is anything new coming down the pipeline from you?

All the best,
LB

ā€œHey Leo,
I am wondering what melody you like? Is it the little guitar riff fills in the verse area? If so, know those took me a while to work in as they gave me fits!
LBā€

No, I meant the vocal tune. There are a couple of moments in it where different notes sound than you expect.
And itā€™s interesting!
Leo

Just wanted to say thanks yet again LBro for helping me get started and I canā€™t wait to start recording like this!!! Cheers!!

Hi Adi,
Thanks for stopping in and saying hello! Glad this one hit your fancy and I hope to do more and improve as I go, if possible. Originals are a challenge for me, but as Maggie says; ā€œI always seem to pull through in the end!ā€

Take good care!
LB

1 Like

Ha, ha,
Innkeeper Brian - LIving life big and free. Our country has 2 big guns pointed at it wanting to take us out at all times. There are many smaller actors that want to do the same. I like freedom myself and sometimes you have to put up a fight to keep it. So you could say we are 2 of a kind there JK. I appreciate your comments and where you are coming from! Thanks for kudos, and the vocal phrasing note. I think I have explained that in prior posts. I knew about 1 quarter of the way in my tempo was too slow on this one. I will pick up the pace next time and it should flow better.

I totally agree with you on originals. If one is a one man band on one and it is a full mix. Then one has their hands full for sure!

Keep up the good vibe and hope to see your next offering soon!
LB

1 Like

Hey Sarge,
You would be a good one to strap in with the pilot and have him take you up on a mission to loose the cookies! LOL - Kidding you there, but indeed, you would get a good cockpit view of things. Thanks for the nice review and kind words!

All the best to you and take good care,
LB

2 Likes

Hehe, what beats 2 big guns?
4 big guns!
Well, Iā€™ll see your 4 and raise you to 8. See where this is going? :wink:
I hope thereā€™ll always be room at this pacifistā€™s inn, even if the Second Coming arrives during a busy spell period :rofl:

I will take that Leo! Thanks for coming back and sharing that. My weakest point on songwriting has been vox melodies. So maybe I am making progress there??? Now, if only about 5 million others found my melodies as good as you do, my songs might go somewhere. But I truly doubt it.

Keep well and take care,
LB

No problem,
Always willing to help someone out. When you get your Focusrite, you will open up a whole new world in music and fun for yourselfā€¦

All the best and take good care,
LB

Yep, it goes along the lines of lots of big guns. Sadly the world has come to that. The good book seems to tell a tail of not much of the USA around at the end. So time will tell on what happens my friend. Though cough, coughā€¦ I am sure joe will save us allā€¦ NOT

How much are is your room at the inn mate? Meals included? :wink:

You take care and be rolling out them top 100 hits!
LB