This is… Anvil

If you enjoyed Spinal Tap but would like to see the real deal of a long life in a rock band trying to make it, have a look at Anvil! The Story of Anvil
Just in case you think it’s a spoof/manufactured band, it features Slash, Lemmy, Lars Ulrich and many more.
There’s even a Stonehenge scene :rofl:

Not sure what platforms you can get it on- I watched it here :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Nope…I didn’t really like it that much :grimacing:…hopefully this one is better :sweat_smile:

But I can’t watch it…can’t get through the virus scanner…what the heck you want us to watch? :grimacing:

1 Like

Ah, that doesn’t really surprise me, as the film lived solely off the comedy script, which would lend itself very poorly to translation.
My spam filter is obviously set at a much lower level than yours.
I presume that’s why you only respond to a tiny fraction of my posts. I’m obviously being ‘filtered out’ :rofl:

1 Like

no I mean that spinal tap… I can’t see the film at all,…

I have no trouble reading and just talking in English,…singing and sometimes a little,…words from Maggie (I already told her ), and you, sometimes Toby…and let me certainly not forget Richard :speak_no_evil:. …with you people words go into the translation machine more than more than once a week :blush:… But I will confess right away that when I speak Dutch or type long sentences in Dutch, many Dutch people often do not follow me … …and actually it’s not quite clear to me if I was unclear in the first message, or if you’re just confusing me now :thinking:

But then I get even more tedious…(long chatter),…and reacting to everything is quite tiring for others, right? and let’s not forget the most important thing … you already mention it yourself, I have a self-learning computer so indeed…

:innocent:

1 Like

Will check it out, some solid names (understatement alert!) in there!

1 Like

Is this the documentary about the band where the singer has to work as a truck driver or something? I remember watching it about a decade ago. People laugh at them, but having released 18 albums, they surely never give up. Need to rewatch it and give them a listen again. Thanks for the suggestion!

1 Like

Our lead guitarist was talking about this recently, got to see this!

1 Like

@roger_holland Oh my, so many words in this salad… I’m not sure quite what to make of it, but it’s delicious :laughing:

@Notter Well worth the watch if you get the time

@glpguitar That’s exactly the one. I love a good documentary. Hoop Dreams (basketball) was one of my favorites :smiley:

@LievenDV Just make sure you’re in a solid frame of mind. It doesn’t really depict making it in the rock world as a bed of roses… :rofl:

2 Likes

Yeah I saw it several years ago, great watch! Inspiring and depressing all at the same time! :joy:
Many consider them pioneers in the early days. I’m a fan of some of their stuff for sure :metal:
Thanks for sharing, have to re-watch it! :slight_smile: :+1:
I wonder how they’re getting on now? :thinking:

Ah yes, a good ol Canuck Band / Film

The link didn’t work for me Brian. All I got was some sad news about Jeremy Clarkson (quite impossible I suspect) and boobies. :star_struck:

I love boobies!

Cheers,

Keith

2 Likes

Someone stepped on his blue suede booties… :laughing:

2 Likes