Three Little Birds by Bob Marley Lesson

Hey guys! I’ve been playing with some strumming patterns for this song and I came up with this:

DU U U DU

What do you think of it? Is it good for this song? I kinda like it but I’d like to hear someone else’s opinion :smiley:

2 Likes

Hi Tommy, most songs sound good with various strumming patterns. Three Little Birds is no exception. I tried out your pattern, and liked it :slightly_smiling_face:. Keep on experimenting :grinning:.

I went for a strumming pattern based on Stephen Marley - Three Little Birds (Bing Lounge) - YouTube

Off beat rhythm, ie the upstrums, features alot in reggae music Tommy so that looks like a nice variation on it. I’m going to give it a go later :slight_smile:

How many BPM should this song be played at?

Hi Carl, @carlcutrone
Welcome and have fun here :sunglasses:

In cases like this that it is not listed, you can often tap the title of the song with BPM behind it faster and then google will give you the correct answer

Song Metrics

Some say 75 Bpm and 76 Bpm but I think it is enough like this?

Three Little Birds is a positive song by Bob Marley & The Wailers with a tempo of 148 BPM. It can also be used half-time at 74 BPM or double-time at 296 BPM. The track runs 3 minutes long with a A key and a major mode. It has average energy and is very danceable with a time signature of 4 beats per bar.

Greetings,Rogier

Edit: I now see that your question was only 8 minutes old…so you didn’t have to wait long :smile:

1 Like

Thank you! I’m having a lot of fun with this course!

Why is this not in the app anymore?