Time To Chill - second video of me playing added

@TheCluelessLuthier @think2100 @Eddie_09 thanks, guys, appreciate you taking a look, replying, and being supportive and encouraging!

@Socio :joy: I’m sure you’ll be passing cars in no time, James, just avoid getting stuck behind a truck on a twisty turny section of the road :laughing:

1 Like

I’m finally finding sometime to chill, as it has been a busy week! This sounded very very good to my ear David and I enjoyed it a lot, also the sunset colours and the water on the sand were perfect with the music! A great way to celebrate your JGversary :clap::clap::clap::blush:

1 Like

@SILVIA thanks Silvia, glad you enjoyed the music and the video and appreciate your encouraging reply.

1 Like

Some sweet jamming going on there David. I really enjoyed it. Nice video as well.

Happy belated JG anniversary. Surely that must mean a treat of a new guitar. :wink:

1 Like

Thanks Stefan. Which video did you watch, the one with the sea and sunrise or me actually playing start-finish (the first video was made up of the best bits from a few takes).

As for new guitars, I treated myself well after the surgery, and remain delighted by the PRS. One day I may want another elctric, but it is not this day (sorry, slidding into borrowed Lord of the Rings quote mode).

I have 4, two of which are hardly ever played, and I think that is it for me.

It was the first one David, as I’d already started it rolling before I’d seen that you had fixed your sync issues.

There is just no tempting you is there. :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

1 Like

Sitting here just listening to you improvise. Both are sounding very pleasing. No worries on the techy stuff. Just enjoying it. I’m only recently getting into improv with backing tracks so the feeds that say “backing track” catch my attention lately. It truly is a lot of fun. Well done, David!

1 Like

@pkboo3 Thanks for taking a look and the encouraging comment, Pam. You are so right, it is loads of fun, and like all things, with some study and practice one can improve over time. Look forward to hearing you improv in 2023!

Soooo chill, David! Beautiful to devour on a warm Sunday evening as the sun is slowly stretching to the horizon :relieved::city_sunset:

I must say again that that guitar of yours is a beauty! And sounds as good as it looks too!

Missed this the first time around, but good to see it resurface. Love your smooth playing and the tones you threaded together in the “comp’d” track as well as the “first take” replay. Having tried to improvise over several slow blues tracks myself, I have realised how something seemingly straightforward is in fact unfathomably complex to navigate in a seamless yet emotive fashion.

That said, I am striving to provide more feedback (beyond simply expressing my admiration!:smiley:) , so if I could suggest an area to tweak, it would be perhaps changing up the rhythm a bit with a couple of faster little licks thrown in amongst some pauses or more of those delicious repeating bends you did a couple of times. I read above some similar suggestions so realise this isn’t new and you likely already have steps in this direction, so… bring on more, can’t wait to hear what you have cooked up next! :sunglasses:

PS the original vid above switches from the beach scene to a fun little right-hand point break at the 48sec mark… being where you’re from I can’t help but picture this as Jeffreys Bay… You wouldn’t happen to know where that shot’s taken from? I have dreamt of surfing Jeffreys for years, maybe a bit bigger than that, but I’d take it all the same! :surfing_man: :joy: