Times Like These | Foo Fighters | November ‘23 AVOYP

I love this song. The message, the rawness, the unusual mixture of time signatures.
Initially I was planning to learn the acoustic version that Justin teaches, but ended up grabbing the electric. The intro / riff almost sounds too pleasant on the acoustic. It needs to be dirty, ugly and dissonant. :slight_smile:

I hope you like it!

12 Likes

Nice work Jeff - that riff on the Strat looks quite intricate, you looked very relaxed with it.
Cheers
Paul.

1 Like

Super ! Sounds very good to me !!! Hope I’ll be able to play a whole song also one day :laughing: practicing practicing and again practicing i think :sweat_smile:
Keep those videos come ! Its always nice to see others practice and moving forward in this great guitar journey !!!
:metal::metal::metal:

1 Like

Sounds good! Enjoyed the multi-tracking!

1 Like

Really good Jeff. You played that well. I second what @mathsjunky said about the lead riff on the strat - looks tricky!

1 Like

Hi Jeff,

Can’t beat some Foos.
That clean tone is really nice.
The dirt sounds great too.

Top job.

Digger

1 Like

Awsome Jeff!
Keep on rockin :metal:

1 Like

Jeff that’s amazing! Great, great guitar work - I can’t imagine how much practice it takes to get the picking and strumming down so well. And the video editing with multiple angles is very cool.

1 Like

Omg this was an awesome cover of Dave Grohl”s classic. You sounded like a pro to me. I definitely wanted to play this one for more than a year now. This song was perfect and excellent camera views. Thanks for sharing.

Jeff

1 Like

Very cool Jeff. It was great from start to finish and some sweet tones from your guitars. Tasty work on the solo too.

1 Like