Todd B, Missouri USA

Well, the adventure starts today. My parents bought me a nice electric guitar when I graduated from high school. I picked up a cheap, used guitar to take a couple of classical guitar classes in college. And then…I spent the next 30 years noodling around on one guitar or another and never making any progress, because I never made consistent or organized effort to get better. I’m truly excited to have found a system to break that pattern and finally learn to actually play!

Good luck to us all (and especially me, because I need it)!
-Todd

6 Likes

Welcome to the Community, Todd. Your backstory is the same as so many of us here. Justin’s Grades will you give you the structure you need. No luck required, just take it lesson by lesson, slow and steady, and you’ll become a player. Enjoy the adventure!

Hello Todd and welcome. :slight_smile:

I’ve found that Justin is a guy that just makes you want to come back for more. His teaching style is superb and I like that he keeps his mistakes in his video’s to show that even the best of them can’t always get it right.

Hello Todd and welcome to the community.
Don’t just tease ys with mention of a nice guitar - pics please! :wink:

1 Like

I agree. I’ve enjoyed watching his videos on Youtube and it finally just clicked that I should check out the lessons. :slight_smile:

Behold, the barely remembered Gibson Marauder and its original case!

1 Like

Oh wow!
What a beauty.

Welcome! Your backstory is a familiar one, I suspect you are about to have a lot of fun here!

Welcome Todd.

Sounds like right place right time. Enjoy your restarted journey.

:sunglasses:

Welcome neighbor. Just stumbled across this place myself. Spent a hundred hours or so over 30-some-odd years as well flirting with learning but never managed more than a hand full of chords and a lot of bad habits. It’s onward and upward now though! Good luck to you.

Welcome Todd and best of luck, you’ve come to the right place for sure!
Cracking looking Gibson too, can’t wait to hear it!

Ed,
We might have really been neighbors once upon a time. Several years back, before CITGO moved to Texas, I worked at their headquarters in Tulsa (61st and Yale) for about 5 years…but that was 20 years ago. :slight_smile:

Well, I’ve only been in Tulsa about 5-6 years. 20 years ago I was about 3-1/2 hours SW down in Ada.