Traveler—August 2024: Will The Circle Be Unbroken—Randy Travis Vein, Love Your Love The Most--Eric Church, AND MY NEW WEBSITE LAUNCH!

Hello community,

It has been a pretty rough summer for my family as my Grandpa passed away at the beginning of July, and my mother passed away on her birthday, July 31st. She was a wonderful woman that only had 1 kid—me, and raised me by herself, for the most part.

I haven’t been practicing much recently, and I haven’t recorded a lot, nor looked at anybody else’s recordings, but I have been gigging quite a bit, and it’s been a wonderful distraction.

I recorded this song for my mom in the style of Randy Travis. I hope that you all like it :+1:

Will The Circle Be Unbroken—Randy Travis Vein (SoundCloud)

8 Likes

My last gig flyer :+1:

I forgot to mention this—I did quite a bit of research, compared apples to apples, and pursued a website build. How many people here have websites I wonder?!

Travis, you brought tears to my eyes. That was lovely, thank you for sharing it.

1 Like

That is the best compliment that I could ever get @judi !! Thank you for making me feel like I’m wimimg. Ha

Travis, my sincere condolences for your losses. My thoughts are with you and your family. I wish you the strength to carry on in those tough times.

I can only echo what Judi sad, you performed with all your heart and brought me to tears. Wonderful.

Take care! :four_leaf_clover:

1 Like

Beautiful song, hang in there man, sorry for your loss.

1 Like

Great song and a fitting tribute to your Parents, it’s good to have an outlet for grief and music is probably one of the best. I’ve found myself that keeping busy through the bad or sad times really helps, it’s good for the soul!

1 Like

Thank you very much @Lisa_S for your kind words. It’s been an emotional month, but I’m trying to figure it out. I hope that all is well with you!

1 Like

Thank you @Bytron08 for listening—I thought that it came out well, and I’m not quite sure how I kept it together for the whole song.

I agree @DarrellW, music is the best outlet in times of grief! I’m so thankful that I have the realm of music to get lost in, or to take a trip down memory lane with. Take care!

1 Like

So sorry to hear about your losses this year Travis. :cry:

1 Like

Sorry to hear you going through that. I can’t imagine losing my parents, but I do think about it quite regularly. Got to enjoy time with them while they are still here.

As someone who group up in the southern United States I have heard this country song many times, but that last verse about Undertaker please drive slow still gets me every time I hear it.

Great country song and you did it great justice! Keep up the great work!

1 Like

Sorry to hear you lost your grandfather and mother. Good that you have your music to help you through these trying times.

1 Like

Thank you @Richard_close2u , I’m thankful to have the guitar to lean into for solace this month :+1:

1 Like

Thanks for listening @JROB623 !! This song is actually originally a hymn from 1907ish. A lot of artists made it their own in a country style, and that’s kinda what I did trying to recapture Randy Travis’s version from the 1990’s.

1 Like

Thank you for your kind words @JokuMuu

Lovely song Travis and so sorry to hear about your loss. Hopefully music brings you a bit of peace to your heart anf soul.

1 Like

Travis, so sorry for your loss, man. Loved hearing you sing this, straight from the heart.

Chris

1 Like

Travis sorry for your lose brother… great job on this song .

1 Like