Traveler - November 2022 - Travis Tritt, George Strait, Garth Brooks, Chris Stapleton, John Prine, Pink Floyd, Colter Wall & more

RE: Amarillo By Morning—George Strait
Blimey! I’ve not heard a George Strait song for years. I used to listen to a lot of his stuff back in the 90’s.

Another great song Travis. I really enjoyed it.

1 Like

Honestly, at the end of the day, name a more decorated artist, ever, in any genre. He is the king!

RE: Amarillo By Morning—George Strait
Great job again Travis. I agree with the others that country music is a great choice for you. I have been with Justin guitar about the same length of time, 2 years or so. It made more sense to learn guitar when everyone was locked down for COVID than be depressed doing nothing. After only 2 years you are in a great place in your journey.

Jeff

1 Like

Thank you! I have a lot of friends who just watched television and movies throughout the rough COVID days. I’m so glad that I came out with a skill that I love!

The River—Garth Brooks The River - YouTube
From about 5 months ago.

4 Likes

Hey Travis, thank you for taking that leap to the community and posting your recordings. That’s three songs I’ve never heard before I’ve been introduced to today and I enjoyed them.

1 Like

RE: The River—Garth Brooks

I enjoyed this one too Travis. What a way to jump in, 3 songs at once.

1 Like

Millionaire—Chris Stapleton Millionaire - YouTube

This is my most recent recording. Please let me know what you think!

1 Like

Paradise—John Prine Paradise - YouTube
I didn’t spend very much time trying to learn this song. Generally I like to play something for a couple weeks before I record it. Please let me know what you think!

1 Like

RE: Paradise—John Prine
I love the gravel in the lower registers of your voice! Really brings out the emotion of the song. I’m a huge JP fan - maybe I’ll post myself playing one of his songs. Thanks for the inspiration!

1 Like

Thank you! I consider Prine one of the greatest song writers, ever. Jam away!!

On The Turning Away—Pink Floyd On The Turning Away - YouTube
Pink Floyd can be tough to cover as a solo artist. They have so much other stuff going on in every song. Ha!

3 Likes

RE: On The Turning Away.
Very nice. I always have to watch Pink Floyd avoyp. Good song too. :+1:

1 Like

Nice my friend :pray:t2:

1 Like

Very nice Travis! It’s one of my favourite post-Roger PF songs - one to really stir the emotions.

1 Like

Very nice! Your voice suits the song well. Thanks!

1 Like

Thank you!

The Devil Wears A Suit And Tie—Colter Wall The Devil Wears a Suit and Tie - YouTube
Many of you probably haven’t heard of Colter Wall, but he is one of my favorite artists right now. I play a lot of his songs. I aspire to play better without a pick partially because of the way he plays without one.
Original track: Original 16 Brewery Sessions - Colter Wall - "The Devil Wears a Suit and Tie" - YouTube

2 Likes

RE: The Devil Wears A Suit And Tie—Colter Wall
Bravo, Travis. You are right, never heard of Colter Wall. Enjoyed your rendition and the original, appreciate the sharing.

1 Like

Thank you! He is part of the modern underground outlaw country brand that I seem to be spiraling towards.

1 Like