Traveler - November 2022 - Travis Tritt, George Strait, Garth Brooks, Chris Stapleton, John Prine, Pink Floyd, Colter Wall & more

This is the first time that I have posted a video in this forum. I have been playing guitar for just over 2 years, and Justin Guitar has been my jam. I wouldn’t be doing what I’m doing without this website. I have been gigging more and more, and feedback has been fantastic from the crowds!

I’m Gonna Be Somebody—Travis Tritt I’m Gonna Be Somebody—Travis Tritt - YouTube

George Strait - Amarillo By Morning: Traveler - November 2022 - Travis Tritt, George Strait, Garth Brooks, Chris Stapleton, John Prine, Pink Floyd, Colter Wall & more - #22 by Traveler

Garth Brooks - The River: Traveler - November 2022 - Travis Tritt, George Strait, Garth Brooks, Chris Stapleton, John Prine, Pink Floyd, Colter Wall & more - #30 by Traveler

Chris Stapleton - Millionaire: Traveler - November 2022 - Travis Tritt, George Strait, Garth Brooks, Chris Stapleton, John Prine, Pink Floyd, Colter Wall & more - #33 by Traveler

John Prine - Paradise: Traveler - November 2022 - Travis Tritt, George Strait, Garth Brooks, Chris Stapleton, John Prine, Pink Floyd, Colter Wall & more - #34 by Traveler

Pink Floyd - On The Turning Away: Traveler - November 2022 - Travis Tritt, George Strait, Garth Brooks, Chris Stapleton, John Prine, Pink Floyd, Colter Wall & more - #37 by Traveler

Colter Wall - THe Devil Wears A Suit & Tie: Traveler - November 2022 - Travis Tritt, George Strait, Garth Brooks, Chris Stapleton, John Prine, Pink Floyd, Colter Wall & more - #43 by Traveler

Barenaked Ladies - The Old Apartment: Traveler - November 2022 - Travis Tritt, George Strait, Garth Brooks, Chris Stapleton, John Prine, Pink Floyd, Colter Wall & more - #46 by Traveler

Cody Jinks: Grey: Traveler - November 2022 - Travis Tritt, George Strait, Garth Brooks, Chris Stapleton, John Prine, Pink Floyd, Colter Wall & more - #52 by Traveler

Simon & Garfunkel - Sound Of Silence: Traveler - November 2022 - Travis Tritt, George Strait, Garth Brooks, Chris Stapleton, John Prine, Pink Floyd, Colter Wall & more - #55 by Traveler

Black Label Society - In This River: Traveler - November 2022 - Travis Tritt, George Strait, Garth Brooks, Chris Stapleton, John Prine, Pink Floyd, Colter Wall & more - #66 by Traveler

Sublime - Rivers Of Babylon: Traveler - November 2022 - Travis Tritt, George Strait, Garth Brooks, Chris Stapleton, John Prine, Pink Floyd, Colter Wall & more - #74 by Traveler

Hootie & the Blowfish - Let Her Cry: Traveler - November 2022 - Travis Tritt, George Strait, Garth Brooks, Chris Stapleton, John Prine, Pink Floyd, Colter Wall & more - #79 by Traveler

Uncle Lucius - Keep The Wolves Away: Traveler - November 2022 - Travis Tritt, George Strait, Garth Brooks, Chris Stapleton, John Prine, Pink Floyd, Colter Wall & more - #97 by Traveler

Jake Owen - Anywhere With You: Traveler - November 2022 - Travis Tritt, George Strait, Garth Brooks, Chris Stapleton, John Prine, Pink Floyd, Colter Wall & more - #113 by Traveler

Lee Ann Womack - I Hope You Dance: Traveler - November 2022 - Travis Tritt, George Strait, Garth Brooks, Chris Stapleton, John Prine, Pink Floyd, Colter Wall & more - #126 by Traveler

9 Likes

RE: I’m Gonna Be Somebody—Travis Tritt
That was great Travis! You have a voice that suits country music. Really good job. I would suggest maybe recording straight on so we can see your face better and I think the sound will also come across better.

1 Like

Thank you Eddie! I have a variety of videos in different locations, and that’s something I learned a while back. This video is about 4 months old. Apparently I can only upload 3 videos a day but I’ll have some more tomorrow!

Hi Travis, you should jump into the introduce yourself section and let people know who are and a bit about your journey. It’s a great way to meet some people on the forum and you will receive loads of good advice and encouragement.

2 Likes

I’ll do it right now! This is my first day messing around on here.

RE: I’m Gonna Be Somebody—Travis Tritt
Hi there. I am more of a rock and roll guy, but remember this song well. I was in the Air Force over in Germany when this song was new and there were plenty of Country Music fans over there. You have a great setup over there and sound fantastic. For a first video, there is nothing but positives to say. Travis Tritt brings back some good memories. Thanks very much for sharing. You are on the way to success. Are you sure you are not teasing us and actually a pro?

Jeff from California.

By the way, I posted a new song here too just now. Feel free to share some feedback on that one or others. Eventually I hope to try a country song. Kenny Chesney, “Don’t Blink”. I know it, just need to record it. It is all for fun here. No one is polishing a grammy :slight_smile:

1 Like

RE: I’m Gonna Be Somebody
Hi Travis,
Welcome here,and i wish you a lot of fun, :sunglasses:
Greetings,Rogier

1 Like

Hello Travis, what a fantastic first AVOYP :clap::smiley:. Very well played and sung. Your voice suited perfectly to the song :star_struck:.
I’m looking forward to hearing more from you :hugs:.

1 Like

That was nicely played and sung Travis. You have a lovely tone to your voice which was perfect for the song.

Absolutely especially if you are looking for any feedback on your playing and for those in the community at a lower play grade it’s always good to see the fretting and strumming hands to watch the techniques in action.

Now why don’t you pop over here and introduce yourself if you haven’t already done so:

1 Like

Hello and welcome to our community Travis. :slight_smile:

Congratulations on your first AVOYP posting.

That was great. Super playing and loving the voice. As @Eddie_09 has already said, a very country voice you have there. I’m looking forward to your future postings.

1 Like

It’s funny, I was a Rock guy for most of my life. However, I have also always enjoyed “Country” music, and my appreciation for it now has shifted a little. The majority of the songs that I am working towards are rock and roll/blues. Also, a lot of my best vocal songs I can’t quite play on guitar yet are Rock.

Thank you!

Another song with great feeling and energy, Travis.

Bravo on the gigging. Do you perhaps have some video of live performances?

1 Like

Hi Travis,

I definitely agree that lots of country songs are easier to master than rock. One of the first songs I learned was “Remember When” by Alan Jackson. You can get through it with only 4 chords or “The Dance” by Garth is only 4 chords I think. The first song I could play and sing was learned from Justin here. It was Johnny Cash Folsum Prison Blues. Songs like that are still crowd pleasers. I go to restaurants with live music and ask the guitar players questions to learn. Most are not shy to offer advice. Keep at it and you will be surprised how far you can go.

Jeff

1 Like

Those are all great songs that I play as well! Johnny Cash is pretty close to the top of my playlist in terms of repertoire!

I do! I’ll post a clip from one of my live shows in the near future!

1 Like

Amarillo By Morning—George Strait Amarillo By Morning - YouTube
This recording is a few months old, but I’m open to any and all feedback. Thank you!

3 Likes

RE: Amarillo By Morning—George Strait
Also really good Travis just like your previous post. You pick the songs you sing really well as so far they really suit your vocals. Looking forward to hearing more from you! Keep it up!

1 Like

Thank you! I’m still learning every day. It’s been an awesome journey so far!

1 Like

RE: Amarillo By Morning—George Strait
That’s another good one Travis.

Absolutely. You know your musical identity.

I’ve just been looking at your bio in your profile and see you’ve been following Justin’s lessons for a good while now. It’s good that you have finally found your way to the new community site and look forward to following your involvement and knowledge you share.

1 Like