Traveler - November 2022 - Travis Tritt, George Strait, Garth Brooks, Chris Stapleton, John Prine, Pink Floyd, Colter Wall & more

Thank you @twistor59 !! I’m REALLY looking forward to having better recording equipment. I sound better live than I do in recording at the moment. Maybe Santa will bring me some new toys!!

Great stuff there Travis. I do like me a bit of Hootie.

I did learn, Home again but never did a recording of it. Maybe one to dust off and post in here.

1 Like

Thank you! He has been one of my favorites since I was a teen.

Love that song Travis and enjoyed your version, your voice is perfect for it and the emotion shone through :clap:t2: :clap:t2: :clap:t2:

1 Like

Thank you @Nancy15 !! I need to improve and diversify some guitar parts, but that’s the journey!!

Hello all!

This recording is one of my initials, about 7 months ago now probably. It is a song which I have since put a lot of work and thought into.

It’s a relatively unknown song, and I generally gravitate towards those. It’s not a great recording sound wise, camera angle, all types of things.

But this is the one song that I play in the 3rd set of my gigs that I have recorded. Apparently, that means I need to work on that, but more importantly, some people think this is my best song right now.

It’s a fun one to play and I would love to discuss any intricacies on the song, or outreach if people like it and want to discuss approach.

You are all awesome!!

Keep the Wolves Away—Uncle Lucious

5 Likes

Sorry for flooding the forum too lately guys. Just trying to jump in hot and offer perspective. I’m impressed by all of you.

1 Like

I’d love to hear @adi_mrok play some lead to this

1 Like

Thanks for the shout out Travis, I agree I think from playing perspective this was so far best of your recordings (although others are of great quality too). You are being too kind though with the lead lines haha there are far better shredders here than me :grinning: although I do appreciate the compliment!

As for flooding - my opinion is that as long as you participate on the Community and comment on others post you can post all you want :slight_smile: all the best Travis you did really good!

1 Like

Yeah @adi_mrok the flooding is essentially over anyways. Mostly past videos for perspective of the journey. All of my musical recordings will be in real-time moving forward :+1:

I’ve seen some great players here and am looking forward to watching more of it! Cheers

1 Like

Hi,
I thought the tone and sound of this was pretty good. Some spots though, seemed to have a little noise, almost like clipping? Never heard this song prior, but was good you turned me onto it. It does seem to need a little work, but you are very close to nailing it I think!

All the best and take good care,
LB

1 Like

Thank you! Yeah it does seem like I had some clipping going on there. I wish that I could whistle too, ha!

Nice job Travis. Great playing and vocals. A new song for me and enjoyed it a lot! :+1:

1 Like

Thanks @Eddie_09 !! If nothing else, I think that I’ll be good at introducing the community to new music. Ha

1 Like

That was cool, Travis! Really dig your vocals and the power you put into your playing, especially on this track. Keep em’ coming! :clap: :sunglasses: :+1:

1 Like

Thank you @nzmetal !! This is one of my favorite songs to play!

1 Like

Another great song Travis. Your voice reminders me of a deeper Wesley Reid Scantlin.

1 Like

Thank you! I haven’t tried playing them much yet. I used to sing “She Hates Me” in the college karaoke days. Ha!

1 Like

:rofl: Great tune.

1 Like

You’ve got a really nice vocal sound.

1 Like