Triad Arpeggios

It's time to play some arpeggios. I call them liquid chords, remember? :)

View the full lesson at Triad Arpeggios | JustinGuitar

It finally clicked with me! I’m studying Intermediate course’s scale in thirds. And right here I see the exact same triads (meaning major/minor thirds) used in arpeggios. Thank you Justin for making me understand guitar musical theory better.

1 Like

It is starting to make sense with me although I am abit confused of what is meant by Root 6 and Root 5?

PS, thank you Justin :slight_smile:

Hi Christopher,
Welcom to the community for all your questions,
The 6 and the 5 stand for the root on string 6 and the root on string 5.
I hope it’s a bit clearer now.
I see that this lesson is about arpeggios module 4 lesson 11,…did you jump in here without starting at the beginning ?, because then this might be a bit heavy then.
Wish you a lot of fun, Greetings Rogier

Hello @kitmur and welcome to the Community.

As Rogier says, the number indicates which string the lowest (in pitch) root note of the pattern is located.
6th string or 5th string.

Hope that helps.
Cheers :smiley:
| Richard_close2u | JustinGuitar Official Guide

Thank you for replying. I hadn’t realised it was as simple as that, I was completely overthinking!

1 Like

Justin doesn’t seem to use the suggested fingering with the major chords. The way he seems to play it actually does make a whole lot more sense.

Suggestion: it might be worth noting that the shape of the triads across string sets- 654 and 543 will always be the same (as none involved the 2nd string with its different tuning)? I know that when we link the triad shapes to a particular chord (as is done here with G) this means that the shapes capture different inventions but in “real world” use, it’s probably more practical to know that the shapes are the same for those string-sets and to simply find the root note as your starting point. If I’m missing something I’d be grateful for correction. Thanks again for this course - it’s awesome. Martin