tRONd - April 2022 - Dancing in the dark + Pirate Looks At 43 (both (THR30 amp demos )+ Immortality (Pearl Jam) + Blå, Blå Kenslor (Tomas Ledin)

I don’t think you’re missing anything. There are no rules, and if you like the sound you’re getting it’s a win.

2 Likes

Brian has dept out what I was trying to say above, I was a bit careful because I forgot that you also go on the electric guitar tour,yes yes :smile:… amplified without effects you could also try ,just because it’s possible…but I do like the way you play and sing along without the effects so far…The songs you bring…we have a saying…a good wine does not need a wreath…

2 Likes

I agree with @brianlarsen. I’m only a very beginner, without the ear of an expert. I heard it yesterday and was not sure what to think. Yes, it sounds not bad to me, but somehow I missed the beautiful warm and authentic sound of your guitar. Maybe it’s a question of taste, but in my opinion I have to say: you and your guitar are enough. You simply don’t need to pimp it up. Because your playing and singing is autentic in the best sense. As I can see, you’re already developping your individual style in this early stages, that’s cool. Trying things out is part of the game for all of us. I’m sure, someday you’ll surprise us all with a new performance with an electric and this cool amp that blows us away :slightly_smiling_face:.Only the meaning of my humble person.

1 Like

Thanks Andrea. Much appreciated :pray:

I am a bit with you and Brian :grin: very unsure about effects on accoustic.

Nothing wrong with the amp Clint. Its awsome. Its more that i am not sure if i like effects on a accoustic…

That was very tasty Trond. I thought the effects sounded great on this recording. It really added to the song. Your playing and vocals are spot on once again.

I love your work.

1 Like

Thanks Stefan :pray: glad you liked it :grin:

I may have misread about the amp. I’ve heard nothing but good things about it. As for effects with an acoustic guitar, I’m hugely in favor of them, go ahead and use them and have fun!

1 Like

That sounds good to me! I had a chance to see one of these back when I first started looking, shortly after I had bought my guitar. I don’t remember a whole lot about it, but I liked the size. Probably one of the best small, portable options if you don’t want to carry the big stuff.

After typing this, I read all the comments. It is quite an informative feed and helpful to me too!

I too, enjoyed your hammer ons. They are hard for me while I’m trying to improve my attempts at “Broken Halo’s”.

Oh, and I can relate to Brian’s comment about an electric on down the road. :wink: No regrets!

Thanks Pamela :pray: really appreciate your feedback.
The hammer ons were a bit tricky in the start. But after some practise and as soon as you get used to them the fingers pretty much do the hammering by them self without you have to focus on it :rofl:

About the amp. So i dont confuse anyone reading this thread.
The amp is very very good!!! Perfect size and ideal for carry around. It has batteries you can charge.
There is nothing wrong with the amp. It can also function as a «boomblaster» and its brilliant to play backing track through.
It is however a bit on the pricey side. But if you are in the marked for a small amp. And have the money to spare… I would consider this.

1 Like

Hi tRond,I have just recently found this song and am thinking of trying to learn it,you have inspired me to do just that,thanks for the easy listening version you play and sing here,well done,might be a while before I get to where you are,keep them coming.

That makes me very happy to hear Graeme.
Its an easy going not to hard song to play. I am sure youll crack it…

Thanks for your kind words :grin:

Nice cover. And I like the effects.

What did you use to record the guitar ? Is it your phone or do you have something else ? The sound is really clear.

Hi Mathieu.

Thanks for your kind words :pray:

The recording is just the Iphone with a mic called Rode videomic

1 Like

Thanks, I Will look into it

Hi everyone! Been a few weeks silence from me, been away to work.
Wanted to put this one out today. Its a song from my favourite band Pearl jam from the album Vitalogy. Love playing this song, even that its easy to play, i think it has something special about it. Again it is not the lightest and happiest texts and moods in my songs :grin:

Its a «one take» shoot. Was a little bit unlucky with a few strums and buzzing strings…

14 Likes

Nice.

Hi Trond,
I’ve been thinking for a few days “how would it be with that northerner”…
Great performance :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:, and mentioning the misses was not necessary, in a relaxed view/ listening mode i don`t notice at all…

And @Phyletic ,welcom in the community, your first word may have been posted, may more follow :wink: :grin:
Greetings ,Rogier

Thanks @Phyletic :pray: and welcome!!

Thanks @roger_holland :pray:
Hehe. Yeah. Been quiet from me for some time, really, really made me happy that you wondered what i have been up to lately Rogier!! Made my day :grin:

1 Like

Really enjoyed that tRONd, not quite as much as with Eddie Vedder singing it, but hey he is a very hard act to follow!
You playing was nice and fluent and singing was pretty decent, all in all a good job!