tRONd - February 2022 - 1st video ever - Losing my religion (REM) + Society (Eddie Vedder) šŸ˜³

Thanks a lot! Really apprecite it :pray:

1 Like

Thanks a lot! Really appreciate your feedback :pray:

Plenty of players use an anchor finger. This is rock & roll in an era (which used to be the free world) where people now seem content with being locked down and told when and where they can go and what they can do. So toss out the book of arbitrary rules and just make music. Music is the last bit of freedom we have left in a time when every little thing is an existential threat. Let 'er rip!

4 Likes

@CT
Hahahaha :rofl: good one!! Will keep that in mind :+1:

Wow @tRONd, that is some amazing fingerstyle work for one year in. You should be very proud of yourself. Cheers, Mike

2 Likes

Hi all. Couple of weeks since i posted my first vid. Lots of feedback and tips on how to improve. It was so much fun, so i think im just going to throw the second one out there. Not so scary now, but i have this feeling i have to do better than the last one and have to perform better. Decided to just force that feeling away. Its music and the performance is what it is.
Tried to do my biggest idol, Eddie Vedders Society. Love that song. And the lyrics is pretty strong.

Promise my third will be something strummed :joy:

8 Likes

Hi Trond,
No advice from my side about this performanceā€¦great to listen to, thanks for playing :sunglasses:

You better be :thinking:ā€¦ :wink:

1 Like

Wow i really enjoyed that Tron! Very nice! Good fingerpicking and the vocals were not bad either! First time i have heard that song but i really liked it! Kudos!

1 Like

That was great, Trond. The picking and vocal worked for me, an engaging performance, full of the feeling you have for the song.

Play the songs you want to play. Glad you are forcing the feeling away that somehow each share should be somehow better than the last. If picking is your thing then keep sharing picked songs. I wonā€™t complain!

2 Likes

Check out the original @Bytron08 its smashing!!

I really love your vocals, Trond, and they certainly suit this song. Lovely finger picking, this is a really beautiful cover.

You will likely receive some input about technique re thumb behind your fingers when youā€™re playing, and itā€™s generally the other way around. @adi_mrok gave a suggestion in your other cover. I canā€™t comment on that because I donā€™t finger pick the recommended way. I will suggest though, since you are fairly new in your guitar playing journey, check out that recommendation and see if it works for you. Iā€™ve been playing this way too long so Iā€™m too far gone lol. I do have it in my mind though to be aware of my technique if it ever hampers my ability to play what I want to play.

Hi @Mari63
Thanks a lot for your feedback. Yep. I know about the thumb. Im trying but i just cant get it to work. But it is on my priority list for sure :grin: thanks a lot! :pray:

2 Likes

Really nice cover, Trond!

1 Like

Very nice tRONd, Eddie Vedder is an enormous task to follow but I think you did really well with it; a most enjoyable performance.

1 Like

Well this one was a great piece to strum :joy:

But honestly as long as it sounds good it is good, and even though quite different to original it was a pleasant listen :blush: same comment about the thumb placement as last time but at least you are aware of it :slight_smile:

1 Like

I most likely have to small thumbs and to large guitar @adi_mrok :rofl:

No. Seriously. I have it in my mind all the time, but its a lot more difficult than i ever imagined. But yeah. I am aware of it :grin:

1 Like

Hey, I enjoyed that a lot. Well done. I play mostly fingerstyle and when I learned society I strummed it to be more like the original. After hearing your version, Iā€™ll be playing it fingerstyle as well. The words are certainly powerful

1 Like

How does it feel to be able to sing and play one of your biggest idolā€™s songs Trond? I think itā€™s fantastic :clap:

Lovely vocals, a playing style to suit the song and clearly heartfelt. What more could an audience want?

@tRONd - wow, that was fun, I played it fingerstyle several different ways. Slowed it down a bit for me. Thanks for the inspiration

Really enjoyed that Trond
Authenticity trumps technical proficiency every. single. timeā€¦ and you ooze that :sunglasses:

Haha, that is the death of every performer. Every now and again, I throw in a ā€˜low-barā€™ re-calibration song in order to accentuate my impending improvement :laughing:
Keep 'em coming!
Hilsen

2 Likes