tRONd - February 2022 - 1st video ever - Losing my religion (REM) + Society (Eddie Vedder) šŸ˜³

Very cool. I liked your fingerstyle version and for Voice fitted nice to your playing.
Keep up playing!

1 Like

for helvete det var fantastisk :smiley:
thereā€™s an authenticity you exude. You can lose your religion, but donā€™t lose that!
I see Justin has a lesson on this, which Iā€™m looking forward to giving a whirl. One thing you might want to try is just one single simple downstrum per bar at the ā€˜that was just a dreamā€™ x2 section. It might add a nice bit of variety to what was a lovely performance.
Keep up the good work

1 Like

Takker og bukker :grin:
Yes. I will try to a develop the song a bit in the future. That strum was a good ideašŸ‘

1 Like

Hi tRONd,

That was awesome. Itā€™s actually quite pleasant to listen to. Just one year. Dang. Iā€™m 67 and just started 2 weeks ago. If I can play like that 2 years from now Iā€™ll be very happy.

2 Likes

Hi @BC_Guitar thanks!! :pray:

Dont stop and dont sell. Keep it going Tron !

For a year of playing, fingrestyle and singing, boy that is impressive. Some good tips and advice offered already, all of which will help. But a great debut post, well done. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Thanks! Much appreciated :pray:

1 Like

Absolutely beautiful! Definitely keep playing!

1 Like

That was excellent, and very impressive given that youā€™ve only been playing for a year. Singing while playing fingerstyle isnā€™t easy. Youā€™ve got a very pleasing voice, too.

As far as constructive criticism, Iā€™d pay close attention to timing. You were generally on beat, but I think you may have dropped some bars or beats here and there. Iā€™d work on playing and singing this with a drum beat or a metronome that emphasizes the first beat of the 4/4 time signature.

In any case, well done. As I said, above, Iā€™m impressed!

1 Like

Thanks a lot! :pray: yeah. Allready found the metronome :grin:
I find it quite difficult to play eveything in time while hit the singing part on the correct spot. That is really challenging.

tRONd if you are going to sell your guitar I want to buy it especially if it comes with the music you just played and sang,one year that was darn good,more please.

1 Like

Thanks! Really appreciate tour feedback :pray:

Hi tRONd! Thatā€™s a super cool cover of an excellent song. :slight_smile: Iā€™m really impressed by your fingerstyle playing, but I can see how it demands your full concentration at this stage, and as a result your singing and phrasing of words is a bit ā€œout of syncā€. That makes some parts of this song sound a bit odd, but I think thatā€™ll fix itself once youā€™re able to relax a little bit more. I think your voice is very pleasant to listen to as well, and I particularly like it how youā€™re not even trying to imitate the original song here.

Iā€™ll leave the more technical comments for other people, Iā€™m also just a beginner, but please post some more songs in the future! Also, I hope that I wasnā€™t being too harsh with my criticism, that wasnā€™t the intention at all - youā€™ve got all the ingredients to be really good at this! :grinning:

1 Like

Hi @Tomiboo
Thanks. Very much appreciated!! I absolutly have to develop it a bit more. The timing and the phrasing is way off in some places :rofl:
Just love to take different songs and do something different with them, thats part of the fun for mešŸ˜

Again. Thanks a lot for your feedback and welcome to the forum :rofl:

Really enjoyed that. Sounded great.

1 Like

I think you did great especially for just a year of playing. I wouldnt sell your guitar though as if its something you enjoy doing. I have sold all my electrics and regret doing it lol. Just keep at it and you will only get better!! THere has been times i felt like giving up but i have kept at it for a long time now and im happy i did. Kudos!

1 Like

Great arrangement, youā€™re always going to be swimming against the tide when recreating such an iconic song.

Iā€™m all for recreating and making it your own. This version would be amazing around a roaring fireā€¦ ā€¦thatā€™s where it takes me anyhow.

Wow, 1 year :open_mouth:

1 Like

Wow, you are an inspiration! That was fantastic. I totally understand your fear of playing for others. Iā€™m about to record my first, and I canā€™t sing! And I canā€™t play nearly as well as you either, but you encourage me to try. I love your accent in the song as well.
I struggle with putting it all together, so I commend you on putting yourself out there. Beautiful guitar, keep it up!
Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

I like it! You stylized it and played it your way. I know folks are trying to be helpful with finger/thumb placement tips and such, all good advice if it helps, otherwise itā€™s OK to play in a way that you are comfortable with. Better to play comfortably and in a way that feels right so that you keep playing and progressing. You CAN go back and learn other ways later. Nice job!

1 Like

Thanks a lot @maidie
Your feedback is much appreciated :pray: