tRONd - February 2022 - 1st video ever - Losing my religion (REM) + Society (Eddie Vedder) šŸ˜³

Hey, I enjoyed that a lot. Well done. I play mostly fingerstyle and when I learned society I strummed it to be more like the original. After hearing your version, Iā€™ll be playing it fingerstyle as well. The words are certainly powerful

1 Like

How does it feel to be able to sing and play one of your biggest idolā€™s songs Trond? I think itā€™s fantastic :clap:

Lovely vocals, a playing style to suit the song and clearly heartfelt. What more could an audience want?

@tRONd - wow, that was fun, I played it fingerstyle several different ways. Slowed it down a bit for me. Thanks for the inspiration

Really enjoyed that Trond
Authenticity trumps technical proficiency every. single. timeā€¦ and you ooze that :sunglasses:

Haha, that is the death of every performer. Every now and again, I throw in a ā€˜low-barā€™ re-calibration song in order to accentuate my impending improvement :laughing:
Keep 'em coming!
Hilsen

2 Likes

Lovely playing and singing Trond. Performed with feeling. Well done, I enjoyed that.

1 Like

Hahahaha!! Liked that one Brian :+1: cheers!!

Thanks David!! Yeah. Im pretty sure picking is my thing im afraid :grin:

1 Like

Ainā€™t nothing wrong with that, Trond. There are a host of great players who never use a pick. Not suggesting that you should throw your pick away and not learn to play with a pick, just that if your performance preference for now remains finger-picking keep finger-picking. And maybe next year, or whenever, you may want to also perform with a pick than that is just fine.

1 Like

You are on your way my friend! One of the great things about hanging out on this site is when new talent comes along like a warm breeze from the desert (a local reference). Play and do whatever inspires you ā€“ itā€™s what drives me. There will be lulls, but that too can be a good time to readjust and find new directions. Well done!

1 Like

That was wonderful Trond.

Your playing and singing are superb and who needs to strum when you can play fingerstyle like that?

1 Like

Great taste in music @tRONd. Iā€™m a huge Pearl Jam fan.

Love your fingerpicking and smooth singing style. Sounded great. Keep it up.

1 Like

Hi,
Nicely done. There is nothing saying you have to strum a songā€¦ Also, you donā€™t have to show improvement every video. Just keep working at it and all will fall in place!

Keep up the good work!
LB

@LBro

I like how you make songs your own.

Hard to describe; you apply some kind of Dylanesque storytelling vibe, but without the nasal jark into it :smiley:

Itā€™s a great personal style and unique identity.

Nice version of a nice song! Itā€™s on my to-do list as well

@LievenDV
That was some pretty awsome words Lieven :pray:
Dont quite know how too anwer thatšŸ¤£

Its a supercool song from Vedder and i think it can be played like thisā€¦ its a work in progress, so i will develop it when skills allow some dayā€¦

Thanks a lot

1 Like

tRONd,

That was awesome. I love your voice and accent. You do put so much feeling into the song. Now I have never heard it, so I canā€™t compare to the original, but I loved yours.
Picking, it was nice. If you donā€™t want to strum now, thatā€™s ok.
Congrats on your second recording!
maidie

2 Likes

Thanks @maidie

Appreciate your nice words :pray:

Fantastic the first song Iā€™ve heard on this app keep the guitarā€¦

1 Like