tRONd - March 2022 - What It’s Like (Everlast) + Maybe It's Time (Bradley Cooper) + A Pirate Looks At 40 + Stone (Whiskey Myers)

Very nice work Trond. You sure are making progress.

1 Like

Thanks Maggie :pray:
Appreciate it.

1 Like

That was great Trond. Some lovely fingerstyle there.

You say you struggled with it but you’d never be able to tell. I thought you nailed it.

Thanks Stefan.
Its not to bad. I feel i loose some dynamic in some sorts in a set pattern. Hard to describe, but i feel it becomes a bit boring sound after a while. but its getting better each time i play it.

I’m trying hard to remember back to when I was forty years ‘old’-
Yes, it’s coming back now… that feeling that life was over and there was little to look forward to over the horizon :rofl:
I still dream I can plunder and make canons thunder (even though the moderators keep me in check :wink:)
But I digress.
Another fine finger-lickin’ finger-pickin’ piece of depression from midnight’s son.
Where will I get my teenage kicks if you find your mojo and cheer up?
Haha, fortsett på samme måte :rofl:

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

There is not much that is a 100% guarantee in this life or world @brianlarsen but one of very few is that you will never ever hear me play something that is bright, joyfull or much positive​:rofl::rofl::rofl:

And it needs to contain atleast one minor chord in it!:rofl:

2 Likes

@Richard_close2u meet my minor mate :rofl: :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Sounding great Trond, your style is so loose and relaxed and it’s really reassuring as a listener, keep up the amazing work!

1 Like

Thanks a lot @Notter

Appreciate it. Glad you liked it :grin:

1 Like

Another great performance Trond, well done. Your fingerstyle is really coming on.
I echo @brianlarsen’s sentiments. I was 40 in 1994. Mind you my grandchildren love playing and dressing up as pirates so all is not lost!:grinning:

Thanks @sairfingers
Love it that you and Brian get sentimental about life passing by :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Another great one from the fingerstyle king.

Song has vibes of lamenting getting older and not doing what you wish you were doing. I relate.

Hahahaha!! It seems like the message came through too a few of the members, turning forty and not were you like to be :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Glad you enjoyed it @jkahn
Really appreciate it :pray:

1 Like

Hi Trond,
Indeed another good song, :sunglasses:,…I also love the minor chords… my head is almost always happy, but in the most beautiful music there are minor chords (i think).
And as you say, playing a fixed pattern is very different cookie :grin:…although I didn’t notice that you “just” did what at first…and great that you get those old timers here sentimental :joy: :sunglasses:
Greetings

Another great performance there Trond. Finger picking certainly is your forte, with the voice to match - really connects with the listener.
I like your melancholy song choices, and despite their somewhat sad overtones, I can imagine layin by the campfire, among the warm embers, lookin up at the stars, with you playin in the background and thinking “This 'll do me”.

:pray:

Dont know how to respond to that @sclay

Thanks Shane. Really appreciate your kind words.

Hehehe. Yeah. I am a real sucker for minor chords @roger_holland :grin:

Thanks for the kind words :pray:

1 Like

Nice performance tRONd.

It was an enjoyable listen and you are making good progress.

Thanks a lot Rob :pray:

Loved it, Trond, keep doing what you’re doing!