tRONd’s learning log

Thanks @NickDelRey
Appreciate your feedback :pray:

Wow, Trond, this is amazing after only one year in! Thank you for sharing your story with us. I like your playing and singing, very nice voice. Hope to ever get there… :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks @Helen0609 :pray:

Really appreciate your feedback.
You will get there no problem. When i can do it everybody can do it :grin:

I don’t think so :joy:. Your voice is really good, that’s a real advantage. You are that sort of guy who unpacks his guitar, starts to sing and it sounds: GREAT. Singing along makes “real” songs… what I do still sounds a little bit like chord progession…but I keep on going :cowboy_hat_face:

Keep it going @Helen0609
My voice is not better than others. I am sure youre voice is just as fine.
It takes a bit practise singing though. That is not something most of us have «laying» there. Certaintly not me anyway :grin:

There is this great thread in this forum that is just spot on.
I cant find it now.

@LievenDV made it and it is great when it comes to singing.

Maybe he can copy in the link to that thread. Strongly reccomend you to read it😁

But again… really appreciate your supportive and kind words😁 Thanks.

1 Like

And I think you meant this one?

@Helen0609:

Yep @LievenDV thats it. Thanks🙏

I think this thread is so good and essential for many others on the forum Lieven. I would suggest that this should be «headlighted» in some way so its easy too find…

1 Like

Thanks!

Actually…
We’re thinking of “upgrading” these kind of threads Richard and I created in the past. Adding schematics, clean up the writing, expand with more info etc. They might evolve into a kin of blog post near the nd of the year.

Sweet!!

This is one of those posts that a lot of people can benefit a great deal from in my opinion :grin:

Thanks Lieven :+1:

1 Like

That was a great read Trond, it’s really encouraging to see someone so commited to the guitar/music, gets me excited to play and practice songs.

Thanks @KevinKevan
That was really nice words :pray:
Appreciate it!!!

Thank you Trond for your encouraging words. Till now, I was only singing with my headphones on while doing other stuff in the house. My husband didn’t move out yet…so there is hope. I have to work on that singing issue in the future. Another point on my list. But first I have to concentrate on my guitar skills, so much to learn. I really underestimated how hard it is to coordinate fretting, strumming and singing simultaneous. Works sometimes, when I know a song by heart and support by the app. I’m 53 now, years run by, hope, there will be enough time to ever reach a certain level of playing.
Thanks for the link to @LievenDV, very helpful post which I’ve aleady read!

@Helen0609

If he’s not moved out yet i would say there is a lot of hope🤣
Keep at it Helen, yeah. It is difficult to sing and play at the same time. But it will fall naturally together for you one day as long as you practise it. Start with very easy songs and go from there.

Keep at it and rock on! :grin:

Hi @LievenDV , thank you very much for your support. I already had a look at it a couple of days ago. Very helpful, like all of your posts! Good to have people like you and so many other dedicated participants in this community. I agree with Trond, that threads, which are written with so much personel commitment, should be headlighted. This also applies for a lot of contributions of @Richard_close2u.

1 Like

Helen, more than enough time. I have been following Justin for just over 5 years, from the age of 51. With a reasonable about of dedication (by which I mean it is not necessary to play hours and hours a day) you will achieve more than you imagine…I have and I don’t consider myself to have a huge degree innate natural ability.

1 Like

Hi @Helen0609
Thank you for your kind words. We do have this category: #Tips from the Official Guides / Approved Teachers - JustinGuitar Community

Cheers :slight_smile: Richard

Thank you Richard, I know that there is a category for this basic kind of information, because I’m a diligent reader :sunglasses:, but some posts maybe are really worth it to be copied into this category, otherwise they get lost in other threads like learning logs. For example, I read a remarkable response of you to this “how long should I stay on Grade 1, before mooving on”, “is it too long to spend 8 weeks on module 8” subject. You presented a really good personal assessment in your response. Because these kind of questions are coming up over and over again and it’s so helpful for us beginners, if somebody takes his time to answer as detailed as you did.

2 Likes

My Current and the next 10-12 months practise plans:

• Finish up module 15 in grade 3 and consolidate that. I would be happy if im done with that before summer.

• Crack on with music theory course. I really need to learn theory. At least have started on it and done some progress on it within this year.

• Practise a lot on the song i will play on the OM session. Its ok now, but there is a few hammer ons i need to work on.

• Continue working with fingerstyle, playing without anchor. Works pretty good now. I can see the upside with no anchor finger. Gives you more freedome to move a bit round with your hand. And it gives you a different dynamic in your sound.
    Continue to work on thumb placement while fingerpicking. That is very difficult.

• develop the struming technic with pick

• work with implementing sus chords while playing both on strumming and fingerpicking.

• continue to work on the F And Bm chord to perfect that. Work on the B chord, i still find that very difficult :flushed:

• Keep at it with the «impossible» song, pretty much no progress at all, so i am not sure if its ever going to happen :rofl: if its going to happen it is years not months. My impossible song is Clutch and The regulator the acoustic version. A very cool blusey version of the original.

Edit: i am not going to be done with grade 3 this summer. I can see that pretty clear now. I would be very happy if in done with this before christmas.

7 Likes

Hi Trond,
That was good reading … you really only play for a short time, … nice learning curve :sunglasses:
Greetings

1 Like

Excellent plan, Trond.

1 Like