Trying out new MIC and AI! All the Pretty Girls - KALEO (Cover)

Thanks everyone for having a listen, first thing I want to say is I’d really recommend to see the band Kaleo live if you have the chance, they sound really really tight.

@nzmetal thanks Jeff, glad you liked it!
@philsmith appreciate it Phil!
@SDKissFan thank you Jeff, regarding Mics, I’d recommend a condenser Mic to record acoustic and vocals, it gets you a great quality of sound and lets you play around with the positioning of it to get different types of performances, I got the one with the Focusrite pack and it’s alright to begin with, but I’ll probably get a better one in the future.
@DavidP thanks David, I tried different positions of the Mic and Gain levels on the AI and the voice sounds maybe a little bit louder than it felt when I was performing. I also added some compression to even out the volume levels a bit so maybe that’s also a reason. Anyway, something to learn and keep trying things on. Cheers!
@twistor59 cheers Phil!
@Notter thanks Mark, yes it’s everything recorded through the condenser mic, more or less a couple feet from me, I put the mic sort of in the middle between my mouth and the guitar hole (height wise). The gain was at 11 pm if we look at the knob as a clock, but I tried different levels and mic positions, this one was the “less bad” one. :sweat_smile:
@Rossco01 thank you very much Jason!
@liaty cheers Dave, gotta get out of the comfort zone sometimes :sweat_smile:
@Bytron08 cheers Byron, it’s the condenser mic that comes with the Scarlett Studio pack, I believe it’s called CM25 MkIII. The audio is recorded with Ableton and video with my phone separately, I stiched them together afterwards.
@sairfingers thanks Gordon, glad you enjoyed it!

4 Likes

@GeoffMolyneux :pray:t2:
@skinnyt thanks Trevor!
@oldhead49 Thanks Dave, still have to play around with it a lot, an AI and new mic and new DAW, it’s like learning another instrument really but I’m really enjoying learning about recording and a bit of production.
@Nancy15 thanks Nancy, just saw them live and they’re brilliant!
@LBro thanks LB, I’ll keep that in mind for future tracks! It’s the CM25 MkIII I think it’s called, it’s the one that comes with the studio pack of the Scarlett.
@CT Cheers Clint!
@LievenDV thank you Lieven still things to improve but glad I tried this song
@NicoleKKB thank you Nicole, I’m glad you enjoyed it
@sclay cheers Dave, I was sort of satisfied with my previous USB mic but this is another level, I’m glad I finally got it.
And you just made my day with that story about your wife, cheers :star_struck:

3 Likes

Thanks Kevin, useful information for me, appreciated :+1:

1 Like

Hi Kevin that was another fine one from you, really cool song and loved those little slides in the intro. Lovely job, I saw your comments regarding knob sensitivity and LB’s comment on output being low, I guess your levels were too high and you needed to drop it down by a notch in your DAW? I guess having mic closer a bit and sensitivity dropped down to 10 oclock should help out a bit. Although it will take you a few recordings to figure out best setup :wink: all the best and that was really well done!

1 Like

Hi Kevin!
Well, what can I say? it was a brilliant performance.
The vocals, and both hands (and the left one was definitely shaking? I didn’t notice :wink:) were super. Thanks!
Leo

1 Like

@adi_mrok thanks Adrian and I think you’re both right, still have to work getting the mic right. Always something to work on :sweat_smile:

@crocodile1 thank you very much Leo, I’m glad you liked it! Wasn’t so sure about this one but happy to see positive reactions

Kevin, that was wonderful. Lovely playing and I loved your softer vocals. I think you carried it really well.

KALEO are a great group. Did you enjoy the gig?

Does your plant need a water? :wink:

1 Like

So well done! That was so beautiful. I really like Kaleo. He’s on my Sirius Playlist. Your vocals fit the song so well. Great playing too. All great!

1 Like

@SgtColon glad you enjoyed it Stefan! I was very impressed by them live, such a great groove. Especially impressed by the singer, he sounds even better than in the albums.

@pkboo3 thanks Pamela, I really enjoy Kaleo too!

Thanks for listening!

1 Like

I agree with the other comments I have seen. The vocals are excellent, I think my favorite of yours so far. The guitar was great too, but a little harder to hear. Bravo!