Tune Your Guitar Using A Tuner

View the full lesson at Tune Your Guitar Using A Tuner | JustinGuitar

The guitar tuner in the app seems to significantly tune my guitar higher than my clip on electronic tuner or other phone based tuning apps. Is this normal or am I doing something wrong?

What app are you using?

Fender Tune and an electric clip-on tuner. Those two are close with each other. The Justin Guitar one is a turn and a half higher on each peg.

Do you have the other app set for Eb and not Standard. All tuners should be the same if set to standard tuning.

That’s a huge amount of difference. Like a string-breaking amount of difference. I agree with Stitch- you’ve probably got a setting wrong. Although E to Eb is only about an eighth of a turn on my acoustic.

No everthing is set to standard tuning. As I stated the other app and my D’Addario clip on tuner agree. The JustinGuitar app on my Samsung phone is the oddity. I am going to try and use my tablet instead to see what happens next. I appreciate the input. Is there a way I accidently selected a non-standard tuning in the JustinGuitar app?

Appreciate all the help. I used my tablet and now the JG app agrees with the electronic tuner. The app must not like my Samsung phone.

I don’t think you can change the tuning in the JustinGuitar app, just standard tuning. I’m on iPhone, but I don’t see any way to change, guess it’s the same on Android. For what it’s worth: my clip on tuner and the JustinGuitar app are corresponding. The FenderTune app is the odd one out in my case (although not as much as in your case).