Twistor59 - November 2022 - Blues Jam in C + Pink Floyd - On The Turning Away outro solo

Pretend I played the very last phrase correctly :rofl:

19 Likes

Nice! That looked fun! Well played, and my memory is such that the last phrase seemed just right!

1 Like

That was such a great cover Phil, you definitely have Pink Floyd vibe really figured out!

1 Like

Well done Phil.

1 Like

Superb playing! Now when are you starting a band?

1 Like

Very nicely played Phil! Nowt else to add :+1::+1::+1:

1 Like

Very nicely played Phil. Sounded just like Pink Floyd . Big thumbs up :+1: from me!

1 Like

Wow, that was great! Love the tone, and it was expertly executed. Bends were all very precise, something that I personally find super important for this style of playing. Timing was good for 95% of the time, but if I were to offer any criticism at all it would be that a few sections felt a tiny bit stiff, like you were playing the parts from memory rather than 100% from the heart. That slight hesitation caused a few of the licks to go a little bit off timing. BUT - overall a super effort for sure!

1 Like

Great job! Nicely played with a very Gilmourish tone.

1 Like

Incredible playing & tone! Really enjoyed that, Phil! Well beyond my capabilities, so nothing to add other than well done!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

1 Like

@Jamolay @adi_mrok @Willsie01 @Socio @DarrellW @Eddie_09 @J.W.C @nzmetal
Thank you so much for the encouragement - helps to keep me going!

@Kasper Thanks for the kind words and the suggestions. I started with a teacher a couple of weeks back and he said pretty much exactly the same thing about the blues vid that I posted last week-ish: sometimes the timing goes astray and I lose the pulse a bit. I think it usually happens when I’m fishing around in my brain for what to play - either because I haven’t practiced the phrases enough or because, if I’m winging it (as I was in the second to last chorus here), my improv isn’t quite there yet.

2 Likes

Great job Phil. Very Pink Floyd.

1 Like

Blimey you’re treating us more and more with every post / performance Phil!! Cracking tone and terrific playing. Thanks!

1 Like

Excellent!

1 Like

Great playing ! Love it ! impressed ! Phil and his white strat… Bravo ! :slightly_smiling_face: :pray: :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Just wow, i enjoyed it a lot. The tone was really on point too

1 Like

Great work! You look right at home in the Pink Floyd universe! Your lead skills are very impressive.

1 Like

That was great :clap:

1 Like

That was really enjoyable Phil. Great playing. I don’t know lots of Floyds work so the ending sounded good to me, no need for me to pretend.