U2 - New Year's Day (cover)

A fun and challenging project to cover U2’s New Year’s Day. I am learning how to use midi keyboard for piano, and also moving all over the neck to get the guitar to a good spot! My friend recorded the bass and sent me the track. Enjoy, overall I am pleased with the result.

U2 - New Year’s Day (cover)

Let me know what you liked, and what could be improved for future projects.

7 Likes

That was really great. All the parts were there and sounded really good. I happened to have my guitar in my hand and started jamming along in G# Minor pentatonic. This works as an amazing backing track and I had to give it a second go!

I’m sure it must have taken a ton of time, but it does sound really great. Each part is well done (your guitar playing is outstanding and really as good as anyone I’ve ever heard cover the Edge) You should be proud of what you’ve put together.

Thanks for the feedback! I am actually in the pentatonic module of Justin’s theory course as well. Good to know this song works as backing track, I never thought of it that way!

Well, I just spent the last hour learning this song. I just played the rhythm using power chords, but with some distortion and delay I had a great time playing along with your version. It’s the first U2 song I’ve learned and it was a ton a fun.

Thanks again for sharing.

1 Like

WOW ! This sounded great ! Bravo ! I stop writing and go listen to it again. Thanks for sharing. Very inspiring. :pray: :pray: :pray:

1 Like

Glad you enjoyed!

1 Like

Hey Zoltan, this is a terrific production, really well played, I provided my own (bad!) vocals whilst listening to it, you got it bang on!
:+1::+1::clap::clap:

I tried but could get out a good Bono voice :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: