Unable to open app since last update

Since the latest song update I am unable open the app… I hadn’t used it till today as had been on holiday but when starting the app it displayed the splash screen and a counter saying ‘igniting’… it got to 97% and froze. Subsequent attempts just freeze on the splash page.
I’ve restarted iPad but to no avail… anyone else having problems? How do I clear it?

Thanks

I’d delete the app, restart the iPad and re-download the app from the app store. That may or may not fix things but those are the steps I’d try. The latest version of the app works fine on my iPad

Just tagging @MusopiaApps as a heads up in case this problem is not solved by a restart.

@mattswain @Richard_close2u @davidmwatson

Hi all,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention the troubleshooting steps that @mattswain has kindly suggested are the best method to alleviate this issue.

Please let us know if you are still having issues after completing these and we can investigate further for you to get you back on the app and rocking out! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Unfortunately, this has always been a common problem with the app, in my experience, and it’s never been definitively fixed. The best tip is to uninstall/reinstall; that usually fixes it. If your iPad has cellular, you might also try switching between wifi and cellular connections, which sometimes kicks it into action.

I’ve had this problem after a couple of updates as well, and reinstalling has fixed it.

All the songs I had marked as favourites were preserved.

@MusopiaApps , this seems to be an ongoing problem…I hope you are working on it.

…though as a retired SW developer, I know how hard it can be to fix this sort of thing

Thanks for the responses/advice, the reinstalling has worked. My initial reluctance to just do that was concern about losing favourites but as Tom says, this is preserved. Thanks again

I had the same issue on a Samsung tablet. I uninstalled the app and then re-installed. it seems to fix the problem, but it does take it’s time starting up.