Unintentional Gig

Ok, this embarrassing :grimacing:

Last night was my son Tor’s parent/teacher meeting.
Pre-arranged 5 minute online appointments with every teacher, on a zoom-like platform.
As I had a quarter of an hour gap before meeting the geography teacher, of course I picked up my electric guitar to have a noodle. Naturally, I switched the computer window to my lyrics page to practice for Saturday’s open mic… (with my camera and mic still switched on)
Needless to say, I got a bit carried away and forgot all about the appointment till it was too late.
Tor’s teacher told him today it was the strangest parent-teacher meeting he had ever been at.
I’m just grateful I wasn’t giving it the full Monty :rofl:

10 Likes

A shame the next appointment wasn’t the music teacher. Did you get pass marks?

1 Like

Haha, good one.

1 Like

I would totally see you as a type of person who forgets to switch camera and mic off while waiting for a teacher with his guitar on his lap. Somehow feels like I was the teacher for some reason :joy:

1 Like

Priceless. Just priceless.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

Classic Brain story :D!

Shall we invite the teacher to attend the open mic :P?

1 Like

LMAO :rofl: For some reason I am wide awake at 0430 but at least this made me chuckle. I would imagine you’ll be the topic of staff room chatter for a few days, knowing your potential repertoire.:rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

You’re gonna hear about that a loooong time :smiley:

1 Like

Oh no, that poor teacher must have thought he had ended up in his crazy hour on Friday afternoon all of a sudden :upside_down_face: :wine_glass: :beers:

1 Like

Classic Brian!

1 Like

Well it’s every boys’ dream to have a rock star dad!

2 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: Only you Brian.

1 Like

Has to be a classic that Brian…I can just imagine it having sat there myself waiting to auto connect for a parents evening! gave the teacher a break anyway.

1 Like

Teacher’s response: well, that explains a lot!

1 Like

I find if you act a bit flakey in life, people are more likely to expect less and cut you some slack.
I get away with loads… :rofl:

2 Likes

Hahaha! That’s so funny , maybe they were impressed!

1 Like

Plus, it’s a lot of fun. People who have known me for years aren’t always sure whether I am being intentionally a goof or if I’m really just daft sometimes. This is fine! Sometimes I’m not 100% certain either, of course. Also - fine. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Life’s too short to have your serious head on all the time. Act the fool or just lay back and chill. If you can’t have a bit of fun even at your own expense, you may as well hang your hat up.

3 Likes

Oh Brian…………. Absolutely LMAO, good job I wasn’t drinking anything, her indoors would have got a face full :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

you know these are not mutually exclusive :wink:

1 Like