Vintage Club #3 with Richard | Melody

Sounds like another attempt needs to be made…

I had been looking at the intro for Brown Eyed Girl. The Monday session helped. I had this idea during the club session.

:grinning:

1 Like

I look forward to another attempt.
Maybe many.
:slight_smile:

1 Like

I totally appreciate this approach, as it avoids hitting those “felt barriers” of music theorie we probably built up due to negative experiences in school some decades ago :slightly_smiling_face:.
But, as you can see, interest in theory is growing and growing because you are able to transmit knowledge in a different way, by applying it in a practical way. :+1:t3:

2 Likes

It does seem to be. And one of the negative / critical feedback comments I received came from the perspective that my deliberate avoidance of the technical vocabulary and the naming of the 3rds was unhelpful.

You can never cover everybodie’s needs… :wink:. I feel, we are extremely blessed to have teachers like you and the whole team and Justin. Your and the team’s personel invest of time and energy to transfer knowledge is exeptionel and much more than anybody could expect. So :100: from my side and a BIG BIG thank you :slightly_smiling_face:!

3 Likes

@Richard_close2u

Noodled these 3 over your BTs late last night. Not in a position to record today, as waiting for deliveries. So I did a little Guitar Pro fiddling and fettled in Reaper. I think the third example will get some embellishments when played, so its more a starting framework.

soundcloud.com/tobyjenner/vc-3-melody-challenge

I think they meet the remit, please advise if not. :wink:

One for future a discussion - resolving. I found it quite hard to hear a clear resolution when not finishing on beat 1 or 3 but I’ll say no more at this stage.

Blues Chapters need recording by year end, so this has been left to simmer for now.

Happy Holidays peeps.

:sunglasses:

2 Likes

Nice!

2 Likes

Well done!

2 Likes

Thanks, but it was not what was requested.
Single notes as melody.:neutral_face:

1 Like

I finally got around to recording this homework. I did it acoustically using my webcam, so the quality is a little rough. Vintage 3 - Melody

2 Likes

Well done Mark sounded good. :+1:

2 Likes

Thanks, I wanted to get some slides in it.

1 Like

Here is my melody assignment from the last live ZOOM

class. vintage project 1b.mp3 - Google Drive

Timing is harder than it seems it should be for me. Looking forward to more rythm challenges.

Hi Toby. Or should I call you the Melodic Madman?

I have these three tabbed out for you, labelled as [A] [A’] [A] [B] with rhythmic count under the melody notes.
1]

2]

3]

1 Like

Nice one Mark.
You have a very subtle ghost note from a slide up just before your final note of each section that was difficult to tab, more so with the lo-fi recording level. I think I have it.

Note - you have [A] [A’] [A] [A’].
Not wrong.
Simply a slightly different formmat.
There is no wrong.

10/10 Richard :rofl: I dropped them into GuitarPro post noodle, then exported to PDF as an aide. Did try recording these on Monday but had some tech issues in Reaper as it could not see the AIs inputs. After a couple of hours of head scratching I noticed that the Enable Inputs box was unchecked ! Double Doh !! So I eventually laid down a couple of rhythm guitar tracks instead. So more to come…soon. :sunglasses:

1 Like

I tried to open but need permission to access. Perhaps you can make it a public share so we can all listen. :slight_smile:

Oops, I think it’s accessible now.

1 Like

Thanks Richard, I created a tab for the notes I played.

2 Likes

OK I finally got an actual recording captured, so time to sign off on this project.
Ended using the Roadhouse Strat for both Lead and Rhythm (different POD Go presets) in the end, as the Gretsch and the LP proved to be a bit on the crunchy side for the exercise.
Also ended playing all three back to back.

vc-3-melody-challenge-gtr-recording

Best with headphones as Keys not cutting through on my PC speakers.

Next ?

:sunglasses:

2 Likes