Vintage Club #9 with Richard | Triads Part 2

ANNOUNCEMENT

Full resources for Vintage Club #9 | Fingerstyle are now available on the Clubs Archive page here.

I hope you will continue to benefit from the session for a long time to come. If you are willing and able and wish to pay-it-forward here is the link to donate. Thank you so much.

Richard
:slight_smile:

1 Like

This session builds on Triads 1 in which we used three major triad shapes on the G, B & E strings. We stayed within the key of C, playing C, F & G major triads (the I, IV & V respectively). We will learn and play three minor triad shapes on the G, B & E strings also in the key of C, therefore playing Dm, Em & Am (the ii, iii & vi respectively).

Below are diagrams for the generic major and minor shapes, those for Dm, Em & Am, plus the previously used C, F & G.

Major triad shapes Minor triad shapes

Dm, Em & Am triads

C, F & G major triads.

3 Likes

Preview for Triads 2 on March 11 above …

I missed the Club on Triads Part 1, and would love to see the recording of it to better prepare to Part 2. I can’t seem to find it in the Clubs Archive. If it is possible please post link to the video. If not - that’s less perfect but ok too :slight_smile: Will try to prepare myself using the diagrams above.
Thanks and keep on strumming :slight_smile:

Check out the downloadable resources available here: resources (available now from the archive page https://www.justinguitar.com/guitar-lessons/vintage-club-6-cla-014#resources)

1 Like

REMINDER If you are still fairly new to triads and want to be fully prepared to access the session on Monday 11th March then please check the preview materials and learn the three minor triad shapes.

1 Like

Starting soon

Launch Meeting - Zoom (Passcode: 123)

Great lesson!

1 Like

Great lesson, Richard - donated!

One question…

For me, the best exercise seemed to be the graphic that showed the chord progression on the left, and the triad shapes on the right.

However, I wasn’t really able to keep up, even at the slower tempos, and would like to practice more.

I don’t see that in the Clubs Archive - are you planning to post it there? And the backing tracks at different tempos would be really helpful too.

Thanks!

donated!

Super thanks. :+1:

For me, the best exercise seemed to be the graphic that showed the chord progression on the left, and the triad shapes on the right … I don’t see that in the Clubs Archive - are you planning to post it there?

It’s coming and I have edited the document to meet your request rather than having the progression and the diagrams on different pages only.

I … would like to practice more.

Music to my ears! :slight_smile:

… the backing tracks at different tempos would be really helpful too.

I’m including links in the resource document to the same backing track at 75, 90 and 115 bpm respectively. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Not only a great lesson, but I really appreciate the recap resource document also. Cheers!

Resources for Triads 2 are now available to download from the Club Archive page. Within the document are links to backing tracks. I recognise the backing track I used in the session was quite fast so I have made it available in three versions, all at different bpms.
Enjoy.

:slight_smile:

5 Likes

Thank you, @Richard_close2u :sunflower:

1 Like

Thanks a lot for sharing such comprehensive material, Richard. Unfortunately, I missed the session due to sickness and now have some very good guidance to get my hands on the topic! :slight_smile:

1 Like