Waiting (original)

A little song about unexpected goodness coming into ones life. I bought a ‘new’ gibson that was broken in two at the headstock and wanted to test out my luthier skills. After much waiting, this is the resulting sound.

Waiting

Well I was just waiting,
Just waiting for you.
Even though I was blind,as to what I might find
Under skies that are new
Im waiting,
til you come along.
You fit like a glove When push came to shove
the words to my song

Now I don’t fear waiting,
The cold nights feel warm.
With your hand in mine,
More than most of the time,
You keep me safe in a storm.

Now you keep me waiting
For a new day to dawn
Put away all the starsThe moon, Venus and Mars
You’re all that I want

There’s no more waiting,
You’re patient and kind.
Didn’t know I was waiting, Just anticipatin’
A new peace of mind
There’s no more waiting,
You’re already there.
No more waiting, procrastinatin’
these worries and cares

11 Likes

Dom, I’m in awe of someone who can craft a song like this one. Guitar sounded great and your vocals. All round decent effort.

1 Like

Tom

That was excellent. Good song and accompaniment and effects all work together. Sound a bit like Conor Oberst / Bright Eyses. Really enjoyed it.

Brian

1 Like

Thank you kindly John. Something I wrote a few weeks ago with a different tempo and style but I woke up the other morning and this came to me and I preferred it. It is what it is and what it wants to be, I guess

1 Like

Thank you Brian. Didn’t think I was familiar with Conor. However he’s in my favourites and far too high praise for me.

Wow Dom!!!
That was REALLY GOOD!!! Loved the playing, the singing & the effects!
What is your recording rig? It’s got a good sound!!!
I hope your health is improving since the last time we communicated…
Kudos to you & send us another when you can!!!

Tod

1 Like

Another belter Dom. I could and sit and listen to you all day. I need to get back playing again. Didn’t pick up the guitar much this summer with kids off school and traveling etc . Did make it to Ireland and down to the Fleadh ceoil in Wexford this year which was great craic. Anyway enough of my rambling. Hope alls well with you!!

2 Likes

This is a very beautiful song Dom! Oh your strumming sounds so sweet to the ear!!! Can I ask you which pick are you using? How thick and which material is it made of?

1 Like

Well Tod.

Thank you kindly. I’m doing ok I think. Meds and lifestyle changes have me looking like 21 year old again. :grinning:

I record with my €20 10 year old wired headphones and my 5 year old Samsung S9 using Bandlab Android app.

Track 1 for the beat/rhythm (which I later deleted)
Track 2 for playing and singing
Track 3 for a little harmony

Done

1 Like

That’s brilliant Eddie. I’m very jealous. I meant to get down but I saw the pictures of the crowds on the Sunday opening and i said no way. I went to the beach instead

1 Like

Hi Silvia. Thank you.

Nearly all of the time I use a 0.6mm Dunlop pick and that was the case on this recording. They are light grey and pretty mailable.

I did receive a couple of .6 picks which were stiffer and didn’t last me too long but they created an incredible stereo sound while i has them.

.6mm seems to be e my happy place

I like the effects you have on the vocals / harmonies. Nice work!

Hi Dom (?)
Sounds great on this end. Nice job on the song and recording it. I was hoping to see the craftwork done on the guitar. Perhaps posting some pics of it here would be a nice addition? Are there pics, perhaps posted elsewhere on the community?

Keep up the good vibe and keep writing!

All the best,
LB

Hello Dom,

Just caught this one. Glad I did.
Very enjoyable mate, and seemlessly put together.
Great groove, great vocals, great lyrics.
And some great skills on display, across various areas.

Cheers, Shane

Wow what a great tune, and an original? Hats off. Really crispy guitar sound you have there going!

Beautiful. I’m actually swaying to this lovely sound.

Laid back goodness, drenched with reverb harmonies…
What’s not to like.
The kind of song you could put on a loop and it would still sound fine half an hour later :sunglasses: