Wayfaring Stranger

Wayfaring Stranger is a song that I wanted to learn for a long time.

I searched on Spotify and listened to many different versions to get additional inspiration for my own arrangement. I liked the cover by Johnny Cash on his album “Johnny Cash - American III: Solitary Man” the best and adopted some of the violin intro and solo.

Wim.

5 Likes

Very good, beautiful guitar playing, I also liked the sound.

Mike

1 Like

As always Wim, your work is easy on the ears. Thankyou

1 Like

Lovely playing as always Wim.

You choices are so chilled. I always look forward to what you are sharing.

1 Like

What a lovely and plaintive rendition Wim. very evocative and expressive sound coming from your fingers. :clap: :sunglasses:

1 Like

Loved that Wim, sat here with my eyes closed cradling a coffee with that, awesome. Thank you for sharing!

1 Like

Lovely playing as ever Wim. Your fingers really can talk!

1 Like

Hi Wim,
Great tone and recording on the guitar. Nice steady play. Pleasing listen and soothing… Good job!

All the best,
LB

1 Like

Sounded great, nice and mellow.

1 Like

Thank you all for giving it a listen and for your nice feedback.

I got to know this song from a movie called “The Broken Circle Breakdown” about a Bluegrass band. The clip is on Youtube (The Broken Circle Breakdown - Wayfaring Stranger - YouTube). It contains some great dobro slide playing.

In a more recent movie “1917” (now on Netflix) , there is a pure vocal version of the song too.

Wim.

1 Like

Lovely chilled playing

1 Like

Nicely played and sounds like that would have taken some time to get to that level. I like th running bass and melody line.

1 Like